Chapter Nine

I arrived early in the all too familiar Svorski's so I decided to go buy an Ice Cream on a cone. I sat down in the same place and waited for them. After at least a few minutes Lucas arrived with Farkle beside him.

"Well you're here early." Lucas declaimed as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yeah. And as if I don't know that." I replied licking my lips and started to consume my Ice Cream with Lucas heading to the counter probably buying something.

"Lady." Farkle greeted pointing both his index fingers at me in a flirty way. I respond to him by staring at him with a straight face.

"Okay." He finishes and sits down on a seat beside an empty one, in which Lucas sat on with an Ice Cream on a cone. Farkle left to go buy probably another ice cream too.

"Copy cat." I mutter rolling my eyes at Lucas.

Riley stomped to the shop and crossed her arms while pouting with furrowed eyebrows. We all look at her including Farkle while paying the cashier for his ice cream- strawberry shake rather.

I raise my index finger and try to ask her why she isn't smiling but then she spoke making me put my whole arm down and continue eating my Ice Cream.

"I won't be here because my teacher who is also my dad asked me to babysit Auggie so see you tomorrow." Riley replied calmly and turn around on her feet then continued to stomp back to the Subway heading home.

"So it's just us now. Great. Farkle you go first." We were supposed to get to know each other with Riley but since she's busy it's just us now. Farkle came towards us and placed down his shake and stood up proudly.

"I'm Farkle and I'm the smartest kid in the seventh grade. Thank you I am Farkle." He says and bows.

"Aren't you gonna add something smart and wait for me to interrupt you?" I ask as a mischievous grin creeps up to my face.

"Nah. This isn't as fun as it is when Riley's not around. HA!" Farkle finishes with his signature tone or whatever that is. You know, Riley and Farkle would make a good pair, Riley just doesn't see that. They are both goofy. I'd probably have to plan on that if it were to happen in the future. I stand up; ice cream still in hand.

"I'm Maya, I hate school and nobody messes with neither of Riley and I."

"But what if someone worthy made fun of you?" Lucas spoke out of nowhere licking his ice cream.

"Well, that depends on how worthy that person is I guess." I sit down and take a small bite from the cone.

Lucas stands up and says,
"And I'm Lucas, I missed a year of middle school and I'm from Texas."

"Hahurr.." I mumble looking to my right.

"What?" Lucas looks at me with a scrunched up face.

"I said," I stood up so we are both face to face.

"Hahurr!" I narrow my eyes at him while saying that and you can tell that the war has begun.

Why you ask? Because as I say that he must have been confused on what to do so instead he 'booped' my nose with his ice cream and my mouth is just hanging open while Farkle is just there with a mixed face; an amused and shocked face.

"So that's how you want to play it, huh?" I then splatter my ice cream on his face.

Then before the war started getting even brutal Mrs. Svorski went out of the counter and the both of us abruptly straightened up literally doing nothing. Farkle is just there sitting and drinking his shake like an innocent small potato.

"If you want to continue please do go out." Mrs. Svorski said a bit shaky because of her age so I nudged Lucas's shoulder signaling him to go out and he did.

Mrs. Svorski handed me her hand and tapped her foot impatiently most likely wanting me to hand over my now droopy ice cream on a droopy cone.

I hand her my ice cream with a worried face that she might kick me out. Instead, she took my ice cream and handed me another ice cream cone with double of my scoops than before. I just gave her a winning grin and a nod as a sign of thanks then ran outside while Farkle followed along with his shake. I see Lucas standing In front of a stall but I just keep on striding towards him.

"Hey Lucas, Guess what!" I yell.

"Wha-" and when he turns around I immediately replace his face with my ice cream.

"OHHHHH! You just got creamed!" I exclaimed running around and doing my victory dance.

"Well, I guess you win Maya." He acclaims while giving me three slow claps

I turn around to high-five Farkle and I face him again to bow as If I've won a Grammy.

"But that was only the first round." He added.

"Wha-" I raise my head only to feel something sliding down from my hair to my legs like a gooey, cold, wet smoothie or something. Oh wait. It is! He must've bought it from the stall he was standing in front of!

I took Farkle's Strawberry Shake without hesitation and dumped it all on Lucas's head while Farkle was just looking at me with mixed emotions probably debating whether to be in shock or in awe.

"Okay. You win." Lucas raised both arms in surrender.

"Yeah!" I raised my fist in the air and pulled it back down in victory.

"Now that I'm- we rather, are a complete work of art," Lucas paused and cleared his throat which was followed by a "not."

"Shall I escort you back to the subway station?" He offers his left arm.

"You will certainly do so." I hook my arm on his and we start to head back to the Subway leaving Farkle.

"Oh great! It's fine! Leave me here to rot!" Farkle whined.

"Ugh, i'm going home." He grumbled and went on his way.

We arrive in the Subway looking like "complete works of art" courtesy of Lucas, we gathered many looks from other people as we get on the subway but who cares? I get that a lot. Well, I do, Lucas doesn't. Or does he?

"Hey Lucas." I start.

"Hmm?" He respond giving me the. Ig-eye.

"Are you used to this?"

"To what?" He raises an eyebrow.

"To getting all these stares from all these different people?"

"Yeah, sure." He gives a mild nod.

"How do you get used to that?" I asked. He's probably gonna think I'm a five year old. I will stop after another question.

"Well, exposure I guess." He replies looking uneasy.

"Like, what kind of exposure?" I ask softly this time despite him responding in an uneasy way.

He stands up causing me to standup too.

"Well, here's your stop." He forces a smile.

"But what about my quest-" I get cut off immediately by him.

"You better go now if you don't want to look like a "complete work of art". He says with air quotes and he gives me a cheeky grin.

"Fine." I roll my eyes while grinning as I leave the subway train.

I climb the fire exit once again to avoid all those stares because, Fact: I may be stared at a lot but it doesn't mean I am comfortable. As I arrive I hurriedly get my clothes, place them on my bed and take a shower.

After that, I quickly changed into my clothes and drop on my bed. Not more than ten minutes was I already asleep. Probably because I was tired of that little contest we did at Svorski's. We had fun though.

-

IM BACKKK I know I'm supposed to be back on October 16th but I had to study for exams. BUT NEVERTHELESS IM BACK AND HERES A CHAPTER FOR YOUUUU! Hope you like it please do vote and give me your thoughts so far about this book.

TiaIsOutPeaceYo

🍃🌿💞