07| Bedding

HOPE OF THE NORTH

7. Bedding

 Bedding

❆❆❆

ONCE the couple had finished dancing, Clarissa's father pulled her aside and informed her that was to be no bedding ceremony per his request and that the couple was allowed to leave sometime during the feast. When her father had finished his talk with her, she felt someone grab her hand and pull her out of the hall. The person pulling her turned out to be Robb which made Clarissa began to laugh about his reaction.

"I wanted to give you something before we enter the room," he informed her as he stopped them just outside what would be now their room.

Robb signalled her to turn around and she did as her back now faced his front. She could hear the rustling of fabric before something cold was placed around her neck. She jumped slightly in shock for the cold before looking down to see a necklace that was a round silver metal with a wolf head engraved into it and was attached to a leather cord.

"It's beautiful," Clarissa informed him once he had finished securing the leather cord around her neck.

She turned back around and smiled brightly as her fingers were tracing the engraving. They then opened the door and entered the room.

The room they entered smelt of lavender. A part of Clarissa wondered if Ella had something to do with it as her room back in King's Landing always smelled of lavender as the scent calmed her and helped her to sleep. Myrcella said that Clarissa always smelled of it.

Clarissa began taking the pins out of her hair until it all fell in waves down her back and only her crown remained on her head. She had gathered the pins in her hand and when she saw a vanity in the room, she left them there before placing her crown next to them and turning to face Robb.

The couple stared at each other for a moment before Robb took two steps towards Clarissa and kissed her, his hand cradling her face.

The young princess had heard stories of this from the ladies at court. Every woman wanted to whisper in her ear. Tell her how to act and what to do. The queen had always said that it would hurt and be uncomfortable and that she should hope that he fell asleep after and hope that he finds a whore to take her place after she became with child.

But all the things the women had told Clarissa flew from her brain. She didn't know what to think. Her hands were shaking as they rested on Robb abdomen, over his clothes, yet he seemed rather at ease.

MATURE

Robb began to work on the clasps on the back of Clarissa's dress slowly, first just touching them before pushing them together so the hooks would release one side of the fabric from the other. She didn't stop him, but she did wonder if she should be doing the same to him.