13| 20,000

HOPE OF THE NORTH

13. 20,000

 20,000

❆❆❆

"THE RIVER Lords are falling back with Jaime Lannister at their heels. And Lord Tywin is bringing around a second Lannister army from the South. Our scouts confirm it's even larger than the Kingslayer's," Robb spoke to those seated at the table he was leaning against.

Clarissa was seated next to him with her eyes firmly locked on the map in front of her. Although her grandfather was Lord Tywin, he never taught Clarissa battle strategies as he believed a woman should not be on the battlefield...but her father thought differently.

"One army or two, the Kings in the North threw back hosts 10 times as large," Lord Umber remarked before he stood up and bowed his head toward the entrance of the tent.

The other men followed his actions as Clarissa also stood up and turned around to see Lady Stark standing by the entrance to which she dropped into a curtsy.

"Mother!" Robb exclaimed at the sight of his mother.

Lady Stark remained silence for a few moments as she stared at Robb before speaking to her eldest; "You look well."

Lady Stark looked over at Clarissa who gave her a small smile; not knowing how Lady Stark would be feeling as her husband was imprisoned and her son was marching towards the South to free his father and siblings.

"Lady Catelyn, you're a welcome sight in these troubled times," Lord Umber spoke; happy to see her standing before them.

"We had not thought to meet you here, My Lady," Theon remarked which made Lady Stark replied back; "I had not thought to be here. I would speak with my son alone. I know you will forgive me, My Lords."

"You heard her! Move your asses! Come on, out," Lord Umber ordered which caused the men to quickly leave the tent.

Clarissa stayed until she knew all men would be gone as Lord Umber walked beside Theon, who hadn't moved, and snapped; "You too, Greyjoy. Are you bloody deaf?"

"Have no fear, My Lady. We'll shove our swords up Tywin Lannister's bunghole and then it's on to the Red Keep to free Ned," Lord Umber spoke to Lady Stark before he too left the tent.

Clarissa placed her hand on Robb's arm before pecking his cheek. She gave the two Starks one last smile before also exiting the tent where Lord Umber was waiting for her. The Lord had sworn to protect the young Princess and had his men follow her and guard her tent whenever Robb wasn't by her side. She knew many of the Northerns didn't like her due to her family being on the opposite sides. But you don't choose who your family are.

❆❆❆

Night had now fallen as evidence by the candles surrounding them. They were all surrounding the map on the table which Clarissa never took her off the lion marker which symbolised the Lannister armies. "The scouts report Lord Tywin moves north. We need to get him on broken ground, put his Knights at a disadvantage," Ser Rodrik spoke with his plan, but Lord Umber didn't agree; "No, we need to get around him and break Jaime Lannister's siege of Riverrun. Do that and the River Lords will join us."