15| Hello Uncle

HOPE OF THE NORTH

15. Hello Uncle

 Hello Uncle

❆❆❆

CLARISSA was awoken during the night to Robb stroking his thumb along her cheek and his other hand resting against her stomach. She gave him a small smile as her hand wrapped around his wrist. "Please come back to me," she begged him; feeling her eyes begin to water.

Robb leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I promise," he told her as he rested his forehead against hers.

The husband and wife keep their foreheads connected until Theon entered their tent and spoke; "We must go, Robb."

Clarissa closed her eyes which caused a tear to run down her cheek as Robb placed one last kiss on her forehead. "I love you," he whispered to her and she whispered back; "I love you too."

He left the tent which left Clarissa alone with her heart aching for him. She prayed to the Seven and the Old Gods for his safe return.

❆❆❆

Morning came as Clarissa sat on a horse on a hill that overlooked a clearing with her hands gripping the reins tightly. Her teeth bite her bottom lip so hard that they almost made her lip bleed. Lady Stark and Ser Rodrick were also on horseback beside her.

"We should go, my ladies," Ser Rodrick said to the two women who both cried out; "No!"

"My ladies," he spoke firmly to them.

The sounds of horses and men shouting caused Clarissa's ears to perk as she looked across the clearing to see House Stark bannermen riding towards them. She felt her shoulders relax when she saw Robb amongst the men as a large smile upon on her face. She looked over to Lady Stark to see her almost crying in relief at the sight of her son alive.

They dismounted from the houses and two men threw a dirty and tied up Jaime Lannister to the ground. "By the time they knew what was happening, it had already happened," Robb explained as he moved to stand beside Clarissa who was glared down at her uncle.

Jaime was pulled to his knees in front of his niece and Lady Stark. "Lady Stark. I'd offer you my sword, but I seem to have lost it," Jaime remarked which made Lady Stark's glare on him to intensify.

"It is not your sword I want. Give me my daughters back. Give me my husband," Lady Stark snapped at the bloody knight.

"I've lost them too, I'm afraid," Jaime spoke to Lady Stark before his eyes moved to Clarissa.

"Clarissa," Jaime offered his niece a smile, but she did not return with one of her own.

"Hello Uncle," she snarled at him as she stepped towards him.

With all of her strength, her fist smashed into his nose and she could feel it breaking beneath her hand. He fell to the ground as blood gushed from his now broken nose. It was a punch that her father would be proud of.

"I enjoyed that," she commented as she rubbed her sore hand.

Many of the bannermen had to bite their lips to contain their laughter expect for Lord Umber who gave a hearty chuckle. Robb looked at his wife with proud eyes and a small smile.

"Kill him, Robb. Send his head to his father. He cut down ten of our men. You saw him," Theon remarked as he pulled Jaime back onto his knees and turned the conversation serious again.

"He's more use to us alive than dead," Robb snapped as he stared down Jaime.

"Take him away and put him in irons," Lady Stark ordered, and Lord Umber and Theon pulled Jaime onto his feet with Lord Umber pointing his sword at Jaime's neck.

"We could end this war right now, boy, save thousands of lives. You fight for the Starks; I fight for the Lannisters. Swords or lances, teeth, nails - choose your weapons and let's end this here and now," Jaime suggested causing eyes to look at Robb.

"If we do it your way, Kingslayer, you'd win," Robb growled at the knight; his glare intensifying as he spoke.

"We're not doing it your way," Clarissa snarled at her uncle who stared at her with sad eyes.

"Come on, pretty man," Lord Umber said to Jaime as he began pulling him away.

The bannermen began to cheer but Clarissa noticed Robb did not cheer but instead, looked horrified.

"I sent 2,000 men to their graves today," he said making Clarissa grip his hand tightly to try and comfort him.

"The bards will sing songs of their sacrifice," Theon said with a smile.

"Aye. But the dead won't hear them," Robb responded before stepped forward and spoke to his bannermen; "One victory does not make us conquerors. Did we free my father? Did we rescue my sisters from the queen? Did we free the North from those who want us on our knees? This war is far from over."

Robb walked away with all eyes following him. Clarissa decided to follow him and when they entered their tent, she threw her arms around his shoulders; not caring about the dirt and blood that covered him. His arms wrapped tightly around her waist. Clarissa felt relief to have her husband back into her arms. But she knew a war was coming. A war that will change everything.

 ❆❆❆