Chapter 43 - Harry Styles and Scary Situations

є∂'ѕ ρσν:

I walked the streets with my hands cemented into my pockets. The weather was cold but bearable as it flushed my cheeks a raspberry pink and the tip of my nose a sky blue.

I could go for a cup of tea right now.

On my walk, I passed shop after shop but my feet just wouldn’t walk inside. I felt lonely. I needed someone with me. Opening up my phone, I clicked the contacts app and scrolled.

Not you… Not you… You piss me off… No fucking way I’m calling you… Not you… Oh.

I stopped. Harry Styles. Would he want to talk to me? I hadn’t caused any damage to him. I clicked his number and raised the screen to my ear, letting the dialling of my phone ring through my ear. Soon it connected and started ringing. I came to a stop in my walk, resting against the wall. Stopping in the walk, also caused my skin to burst into goose bumps.

“Hello?” Harry’s deep voice expelled from the phone. 

“Hey Haz - it’s Ed.”

“Oh,” he sounded shocked. “Hi Ed. How’s it going lad?”

“Yeah alright. What you been up to?”

“Oh yeah. Well… Uh. I’ve just been chilling at Sierra’s with her and Zo.”

Zo…

“Oh yeah. Is she staying with Sierra?”

“Ed… I don’t think I can tell-”

“Oh c’mon Harry… Please… I just want to know where she is.” Even to me, I could tell my voice was nothing but desperate. Silence was heard for a while, with nothing but the mellow sound of Harry’s breathing.

“Yeah. She’s been staying with Sierra. She’s a good carer.”

“I would imagine so. Sierra seems to know Zo like the back of her hand.” I said as I remembered the events from the other day where she had given me venom eyes. 

“I don’t think that… I don’t think that you should head over there lad.”

That took me back. “Why not?”

“She needs time to heal Ed. She is still broken.”

Now I was angry. Was he blaming me? “What are you trying to say, Styles?”

“Exactly what I said Sheeran.” Harry retaliates. 

I rubbed the back of my neck and sighed in defeat. “I’m sorry Harry. I didn’t mean to snap at you mate. I’ve just been freaking out a lot recently. If anything I’m pissed at myself.”

“It’s alright Ed. Don’t worry yourself. Zo is fine. Seriously. There is nothing to worry about.”
I look down at the hand at my side to find it shaking and twitching. I rub my neck again. “Fuck.”

“Maybe we could go out for a bit, aye?”

“Yeah. That would be nice.”

“Where are you lad?”

“Uhhh…” I looked around and found that I hadn’t travelled as far as I thought. “I’m near my apartment block. You know the Starbucks near there?”

“Oh yeah. I’ll meet you there? I’m ten minutes away.” In the background I heard a car engine rev.

“Alright. See you soon Haz.”

“Later Ed.”

The line dropped. I turned off my phone, shoved it in my pocket and made my way to the Starbucks across the street. I stared along the pavement and saw my apartment block.