Chapter 53 - Boring, Boring Mornings

3 MONTHS LATER

zσ'ѕ ρσν:

“Zo!” Sierra’s voice was screaming above me, a strong grip on my forearm, shaking me. Memories from last night hit me. A drunk Sierra, a drunk Harry, loud music… Judging from the current pain in my head, I assumed that I didn’t get that much sleep. 

“Sizzy… You are kind of really hurting my arm…”

“Oh shit,” the grip was released as a slight burn replaced it. “Sorry babe. I just wanted to let you know that I’m going out for a bit I’ll be home in a few hours.”

“What time is it now?”

“Umm… Gimme a sec.” After the unclipping of a handbag and the click of a phone button she responded. “It’s eleven in the morning – great day too.”

“Well ain’t that fine and dandy…” My voice was croaky. I pushed myself into a sitting position and my stomach hurt.

“I’ve set up your painting stuff in the living room so if you feel like doing that just… yeah. I’ll be back later alright?” The weight next to me on the bed lifted and footsteps headed towards the front door. “BYE!” Then the door slammed.

Yep ok bye Sierra.” I definitely was not a morning person. Kicking off the blanket showed me that it was a cold one today. Clutching my cane that was beside the bed, I hoisted myself out of the warm confines of my sheets. I made my way over to the closet, whacking around the room with my cane to make sure that nothing was in my way.

I came up the doors and searched around for the knob. After opening it I knew I was faced with the difficult task of dressing. Sierra had tried organizing them with dividers so I knew which outfits were where and on what day to wear them – same with my shoes too. I reached in and grabbed two hangers. Feeling down the material I discovered that it was tights, a skirt, a cotton tee and a simple but warm cardy.

Without sight, I didn’t know what colour anything was so I was trusting Sierra so I didn’t look like a fool. Without sight, I couldn’t really tell if something was back to front or inside out so I had to keep the tags on everything. Without sight, it really was a struggle getting dressed in general. But I managed to do it this morning without too much I need help with pretty much everything so Sierra went out and bought me a phone a few months back. Just a simple flip phone; not one of those snazzy, shiny smart phones with all those social networking apps and the games. I didn’t need all of that anyway. All I needed was something that I could call people on and receive calls on because I couldn’t really text could I?

With my phone attached around my neck it was considerably easy for me to call someone. I had a speed dial selection for everyone close to me. Sierra was number one obviously seeing as she was the one I called the most, with Niall on number two seeing as he was the second most important person in my life, Harry on three, Louis on four, Liam on five and Zayn on six.

Picking up the metal object around my neck, I flipped it open and slid my fingers over the large buttons until I was certain that I had found the button with a ‘2’ on it. I clicked it and pressed the call button, raising it to my ear. The phone only rang about four times until Niall’s Irish accent sounded crisp and clear through the phones top speaker.

“Hey Zo, what’s cooking?”

“Hey Niall. Um, I was just wondering what you were doing today.

A short silence. “Well, I was just babysitting Theo actually.”

“Theo? Your baby nephew? Isn’t he over in Ireland with Greg?”

“Well yeah he would be but they decided to come over to London for a visit. Complete surprise actually – I woke up this morning to a smiling Theo on my chest with Greg and the missus beside me smiling like morons. They have gone out for the day sight-seeing so I’m stuck with the lil ladies man.”