a wake up call.

"Yes baby what is it?" My grandma asked turning the TV down letting me know that I had her full attention. Honestly I wasn't ready to tell her yet but she was gonna find out sooner or later. I'd rather it come from my mouth than someone else's.

"Its about Drew..." I say very low. Way lower than my original voice. I knew she still heard me because she soon responded.

"What about her? Is she pregnant?" She laughed lightly. I just scratched the back of my neck, already knowing that was a huge mistake because my grandma knows me. And she knows when I'm about to tell her bad news. "She isn't pregnant, right Pen?" Her voice was stern now. "What the hell Pen? I said quote on quote NO FUCKING BABIES. You can't be serious..."

"Ma just listen. We're really sorry. It's just that our hormones got wa-" I tried to say in the best way I could, but that backfired. I don't know. There is no easy way of saying I fucked Drew and got her pregnant.

"Be quiet. There is no excuse for her being pregnant. You guys went behind our backs and had sex. Pen you're only 17 years old, and a junior in high school. Her as well. Y'all lives are basically over. Because taking care of a child is hard as hell."

"I know. We're to young, but that doesn't mean we can't try."

"You can, but I think its best that you leave her." She said looking me dead in the eye. What in the actual fuck do I look like leaving her. "It's her fault you can't finish your education. She should've been on birth control. Or she could've told you to stop. I don't know anything to prevent this shit."

"No that is not best. I was apart of the action as much as she was. You need two to tango."

"But Pen if you leave her, you can still get your education and be successful."

"And grandma what you don't understand is that I'm not leaving her. I can find other ways to get money and be successful with Drew." I turned my head after hearing a creak from our old wooden floor only to see Drew with slight tears on her face. My grandma looked at her in disgust causing Drew's tears to come down much more heavily. I walked over to her embracing her. "What's wrong babygirl?" I whispered in her ear only to get a response of her shaking her head no.

"Well since you're so grown Pen, get the hell out of my apartment."

"Okay, Ma. I love you." Drew and I walked out leaving all our things there minus the stack of cash I had for a real rainy day. We were legit on our own. Neither one of our parents approved of our actions, but my grandma was not folding for shit. Like I'm not leaving the love of my life and mother of my soon to be child for my own selfish needs. It took two to dance, and it's gonna be two to raise her.

Our next move was to find somewhere to stay. The stack of cash I had wasn't enough to buy us a house. It was only enough to feed us for awhile. Considering I got fired from my job. I was late way to many times. Not to long ago I filled out an application to UPS, and still haven't heard back from them. Then an idea popped into my head. Maybe Drew and I can find a nice bando for a little while. Just until I find a job. "Baby you hungry." She shook her head no. She's been silent for awhile now and I don't know why. "What's wrong?" Still I got the same response. "Stop playin' Drew let your guard down. I'm here for you. You know I hate when you close up on me."

She sighed softly, "I'm sorry Pen. It's just so much on my mind. I don't know what to do."

"Let's talk about it then." I suggest as I stopped at a stop light. No one was on this road strangely. In fact no one was ever on this road. Maybe this could be our next home.

"Its my parents and your grandma. I still feel so bad for disrespecting my mom. That is not my character, and I know I was raised better that Pen. And that's getting to my head. And I thought your grandma liked me..." Her eyes started to water. "She wanted you to quit on me. Leave me. Pen, I don't know what I'll do with out you. You're my heart on some real shit." Tears were falling down her cheeks. Silent cries.

"I know. But you had to do what you had to do. You were defending yourself. Didn't they teach you that. Stop stressin'. My grandma does like you, she just ashamed of my— well our sudden actions. I agree with her on the fact we are to young to be having sex, but leaving you was something that she forced. She took it way to far. She knows for a fact I can't leave you, you mean the world to me, and that's on some real shit." She smiled looking at me. Her eyes were damp and red, but she still looked beautiful.

Her face scrunched up a little, "Uhh, Pen why do you keep driving around this block?"

"Well... I'm trying to find us a home for the moment."

"What do you mean? Like a bando. Pen are you serious?"

"Yes, don't complain that's the best I can do. You know my previous job fired me. I don't have the money right now."

She sighed, "I'm trusting you Pen."

"Thank you love," I said squeezing her thigh. She turned up the radio as One Dance by Drake played.

I need a one dance got a Hennessey in my hand
One more time 'fore I go
Higher powers taking a hold on me
I need a one dance got a Hennessey in my hand
One more time 'fore I go
Higher powers taking a hold on me

She sung so perfectly. Maybe she could be on one of my next tracks.

-

-
Hey guys hope enjoy. New chapter later 😏.

Do you think they'll be okay?

Are they acting to grown for their age?

Vote, comment, share and follow. 🌙