genuine?

"Run that back for me," I said into the mic after I finished recording my newest song Exchange. I wrote this song I believe my freshmen year. It was around the time Drew and I weren't together. Drew never heard me sing it, but the next morning I put a copy of the song in her locker. Let's say that helped big time.

I listened to how the song sounded after I finished recording it, and something about it didn't seem right. "It doesn't sound right." I said into the mic.

"What's up?" Tiffany said. She probably wasn't listening. I shook my head.

"The song. It doesn't sound right." And anyone that knows me, knows that I can't have anything submitted without it being the perfect I want it to be.

"I was enjoying it. But it's your music, so tell what's up?" Tiffany said.

"Well I know it's not the vocals, but it's something about the beat... It's just seems off. Could you play it by itself for me?" I listened to the beat real close as it played.

"Add a clap for me." I said, but something else was missing. "Add a "yeaaa" and "ohhh" at the very beginning. Now run it back."

I listened to the beat and my lyrics real close. Tell Tiffany to add the "yea's, oh's and claps" in where they fit best. After running it back a few times. It was perfect.

We recorded the remix of How Bout Now by Drake I had previously wrote with slight changes. I sort of freestyled my verse, but it was smooth as fuck. Completely different from my last one sort of. I actually liked it. Tiffany enjoyed it too. There wasn't much to fix, except a couple of vocal things, but it went exactly how I planned it to.

-

"How was the session baby?" Drew questioned me when I got into the car. Surprisingly she was in a good mood today. I knew for a fact, she took a nap because she was folding up the small cover we had in the car before I got in.

"It went great Drew, I really think I have some bangers for this promo tour."

"And when is this "promo tour?" She said putting air quotes around promo tour.

"I don't know." I said. And before she could say anything, "Are you hungry?" That quickly took her mind off everything.

"Yea actually. Golden Corral?" She asked.

"What ever you want." I said starting the car and driving out the parking lot.

-

After eating I was able to rent us a hotel for a couple days, so we could shower and stuff. Drew went first. After she was finished she continued to talk on how dirty she was. It was a repetitive every 5 minutes of: Pen I was beyond dirty. P the tub was full of dirt, I couldn't really see it because of my belly but when it went down the drain, boi. I think my feet are still dirty can you clean them for me and rub lotion on them and massage them like you did and your g- ma's? I gave in after actually getting annoyed. It was like today was annoy Pen or maybe I should say Bryson day. I didn't want to complain because I was actually enjoying my day. I got to record for my possible fame. After massaging Drew's feet for a half an hour, she was out like I light. I struggled carrying her to the hotel bed, but I got her there safely. I put her under the covers and shut the door to the room. It was only 7:54 p.m., so I had time to watch a couple tv shows before I went to bed. I had to work tomorrow.

-

UPS

"Pen where you been?" Josh questioned walking up to me as I clocked in.

"Shit, making music so I can support my baby." I replied to him.

"You really think you'll make it?" Josh questioned with a little  sound of doubt in his tone.

"Hell yea man. It's like I'm almost there."

"Almost there where?" Freddy asked.

"Almost to this fame." I said. "Are y'all gone ride with me through this?" I asked. Kind of regretting it after, but at least I'll know.

"Dude, what kind of question is that?" That's when I really started to regret it. I barely knew Freddy or Josh, we just became friends two months ago. Wonder if they're just using me for fame.

"I don't know man. Aye, I got a couple of errands to run I'll catch up with y'all later." I grabbed the couple of boxes that were in my unit and loaded them into my truck soon driving off.

"UPs," I said through the door to the unknown voice. The man that opened the door looked awfully familiar. Then it clicked, it was the man from the night I was stranded. Luckily someone else pulled over and helped me. Not to shortly after the girl was behind him in nothing but a robe.

"Aye man what?" He rudely said.

"I'm dropping off a package to this address. Can you sign these two papers?" I said genuinely. I didn't want any trouble, and I didn't really hold grudges.

"Yea man," he signed the two papers as I gave him the package, but something else caught my eye. A naked women running down the stairs. I just stood there in shock. The man laughed at me in a mocking kind of tone.

"Aye man, you couldn't handle any of these shawties, so I'm a need you to ride out, ight." He snarled at me.

I simply nodded cause I wasn't for the drama, and walked away. He shut the door as well. My next drop off was to an old lady. She was sweet and dope. I normally don't make conversation with clients, but it was cool. I went back to the UPS building for lunch. I ordered a turkey sandwich from rooms device before I left. Then it hit me. Drew must've found out about room service, and she's eating like a pig.

What you doing Drew?
                  Bryson❤️ 11:32 a.m
' Nothing just eatin'. Y?
                    Drew💕 11:34 a.m
Cause I kinda figured you were eating. What'd you order?
                  Bryson❤️ 11:36 a.m
Pancakes, pizza, a cheeseburger, fries, ice cream and a large drink. :)
                    Drew💕 11:37 a.m
Drew do you know how much that costs?
                  Bryson❤️ 11:38 a.m
Yes grumpy, it's free.
                    Drew💕 11:40 a.m
No it's not.
                  Bryson❤️ 11:41 a.m
Yes it is.
                    Drew💕 11:41 a.m

She sent me a picture of the menu paper, and it read Free Room Service.

Oh lol. Well my lunch break is almost over all talk to you later, baby.
                  Bryson❤️ 11:42 a.m

Okay see ya later baby, I love you.
                    Drew💕 11:42 a.m
I love you too.
                  Bryson❤️ 11:42 a.m

Sometimes it's overwhelming, but I'm handling it. 

-

New chapter. Kinda don't feel like editing, so sorry for any mistakes. 🤕Drew in the mm.

What'd you think? 🙂

Vote, comment, share.

What's your favorite movie?

- I know this is typical, but mine is Love and Basketball. I also like Endless Love it gives me tons of memories of summer love lol.