11 - LET THE EMO BEGIN

Ever since I'd claimed that no one knew my true identity, Calvin and Marco had been giving me looks of exasperation and disdain whenever they came into Moonbucks. It was true though, only one person ever knew the truth about me. However, the chances of seeing that fucking furry were very low.

Business in Moonbucks was BOOMING. We'd have at least four customers during the day! In fact, the increase in profit was so colossal, the CEO of Moonbucks was coming to visit this chain later today.

I was excited because this could open so many doors for me. I could get a raise, which would fund my current goal of purchasing a life-size statue of Aoba Seragaki. I wanted to be like my idol, who'd caught Leafy's attention.

Their youtube channel went by the name of Rin Matsuoka , I found out he was some character in an anime called Free! Katie was my inspiration and I wanted to be exactly like D A D D y.

I'd already cut my hair to just below my chin, although it was in a less boyish fashion to senpai's. The tips of my hair had been dip-dyed pink and I'd started saying "kawaii desu~~" a few times so people knew I was an otaku.

One very helpful tutorial online called 'How to look half Japanese' was very helpful. Venus Angelic was one of the many youtube channels I'd subscribes to, during my 'mysterious, kawaii overlord' phase.

The sliding automatic doors shuddered opened and an odd looking man with a kettle in his hands walked in. The kettle let out a high pitched squealing sound and somewhere within the noise I could hear a faint "CYKA BLYAT."

I blinked, confused. My badly glued eyelashes stuck together for a while and, embarrassed, I tried pulling them apart before the customer noticed.

I didn't need to worry though, because the man was hurriedly trying to calm and hush the whining kettle.

"Cyka, cyka."

"Cyka blyat idi nahui."

"Ssssssh."

The kettle quieted down and I'd finally pulled my spider-leg-eyelashes apart. After seeing my green apron, the man walked over to me. He had an odd, intricately-patterned mask on his face, and the kettle didn't do anything to justify his sanity.

"Welcome to Moonbucks desuuuu~ How can I help?~" I asked, because I had to stay kawaii, regardless of the situation.

"Erm. Well, you see. I was just, -uh..." He seemed to be distracted by my appearance. I wasn't surprised, I was a master seductress.

I saw Leafy and Marco make an untimely entrance as the guy was still stood in front of me, looking for the right words.

"Does my kawaii appearance make you nervous, moe~??" I asked, curling my facial features into a horrific shape that looked as similar to 'XD' as humanly possible.

His shoulders jumped in surprise (I knew I'd figured him out).

"Erm.. no. I was just surprised they hired someone so-" He began, his final word would've been 'beautiful', but Leafy interrupted him.

"Boiiiiiiiiii, you look worse than a burnt sweet potato!"

My heart shattered, I thought he liked this look? Why was that Katie getting his attention, but I was only getting a negative response. I huffed and crossed my arms, like the Tsundere I was.

The man in the kettle looked confusedly between us before asking, "Is that Leafy?"

Leafy looked confused for a second before replying, "Yeah, it is. Hey, I remember your voice from somewhere..."

The mask-wearing individual looked shy for a second, using their kettle-holding-hand to scratch the back of his neck. "CYKA!" was all I heard.

"Yeah.. Use code 'KEEM' to find out who I am." He responded with a small chuckle. It was obviously some inside joke, ugh.

What Calvin said next made my blood run cold.

Colder than my mysterios, kawaii overlord heart.

"Wait, Pyro? Is that you?"

My head slowly turned, and as dread filled me, Pyro turned and looked at me, and my eyelashes fell off, and the colour ran out of my hair and fell into the coffee I was making. And oh god, it felt like I couldn't breathe anymore.

"Pyro?"

-;-

guys i'm so proud of how far we've made it with this story. i had to put mom in the story because why not. lmao.

fuck im so ill.

makoharu is shit, rinharu 4 lyffe~~~~! XD

stay average, brofist me daddy