15

( MEETING THE VAMPIRE )

       Dean is texting on the phone as Sam talks. The scene alternates between Dean in the vampires' house and Sam in the motel room. "I get the separate-lives thing, but this is a hunting thing, and we need to find that line –" Sam starts.

      "Oh, my God, stop talking. I texted you my 20." Dean says.

      "Yeah, I got it. Look, I'm on my way. And, listen, if you handle it, great." Sam says lI'll buy your friend the first round. But, Dean, listen to me. It – Dean? Dean, are you there?" Dean has left his phone, still on, on a sideboard. "Dean." A Vampire hears the phone and walks over to the sideboard. "Dean. You kidding me?"

      Dean cuts off the Vampire's head, then picks up his phone from the ground. The screen is shattered. "Oh, man, come on." He says.

      Sam hangs up and throws his phone to the floor. "Damn it!" He says.

      As Dean prepares to move the body of the Vampire he killed, he looks up and sees a another watching him.

       Sorento brings Benny into a room where Benny's Maker is waiting. "Hello, father." He says.

      "Benny. I have no words."

      "Now, I know that ain't true." He says.

       "Can you help us understand? I know you don't owe us anything, but how?" Says The Maker. "How are you here, standing in front of me?"

       "I found a way back." Benny says.

       "From Hell?"

       "Right next door, as far as I could tell." Says Benny.

       "Next door? What's that?"

       "Oh, I think I'll just have to show you." He says.

      "I know it won't change anything, but I regretted having you killed. When it was all done, I wailed when I saw you in all those pieces." The Maker says as Sorento holds a large knife."Didn't I, Sorento? Didn't I wail like the ugliest baby in the world?"

      "Yes, father. That's when you decided to turn his cow." Sorento says.

      "Poor So-So is bitter because your "cow" outranks him now."

      "Why didn't you let her die? She meant nothing to you." Benny says.

      "But she meant everything to you. If that's all I could salvage from my wayward son – the woman he defied his maker for – I wanted someone to remember you by."

       Meanwhile, a body lies on the ground in the hallway and we hear the sound of another body being dragged away. Two more Vampires appear at the end of the hallway. At the other end of the hallway, we see a body being dragged into a room.

       The Vampires run for the room. There is a slashing sound and the sound of a head hitting the floor, then another slashing sound. A head flies through the air into the hallway. Dean steps out of the room with his Purgatory weapon in his hand and walks down the hallway towards the camera.

FLASHBACK

PURGATORY
[ ☼ ]

       "What the hell do you know about the value of life? You're a vampire." Dean says. He, Benny and Castiel are walking through the forest.

       "Yep. And I think we both know which of our kinds kills more humans." Benny says.

      "Well, statistically speaking, that'd be your –" Cas starts.