68

( METATRON )

OFFICE
[ ☼ ]

Crowley sits down behind the desk while Ion pushes Castiel into a chair opposite him. "Just wanted to take a moment away from the main action to chat with my old business partner." Crowley says as Cass clutches his bloody stomach. "I assume you won't die just yet. Takes a painful long time to bleed out from the gut."

"You can do whatever you want, Crowley. I will never tell you where I buried the tablet." Castiel says.

"I know, Cas. I know. Luckily, I don't believe you'll have to. I've been getting regular updates from my expensive friend here." Crowley says. "Naomi should have caught you out of the gate, seeing as lately she's been knuckles-deep in that melon of yours. She thinks that your touching the tablet has broken her spell over you, hmm?"

"The tablets weren't meant for the angels, and they weren't meant for you."

"She's got a lot on her plate, so you can't fault her for missing it. I was thinking to myself, 'self, if Cas got away from her by touching the tablet, why would he ever stop touching the tablet'? And then I thought to myself, 'self... he hasn't stopped touching the tablet, now has he'?" Crowley plunges his hand into Castiel's stomach and pulls out the angel tablet. "Oh, you're a pip, you are. What?" His phone rings "Oh! This is the king."

STORAGE FACILITY
[ ☼ ]

The Demons who were impersonating Sam and Dean have been caught in a Devil's trap. "The kid told us where the other half was, but it... wasn't. Dab of crap tricked us, sent us into some kind of Hunter mousetrap." Demon #1 says.

OFFICE
[ ☼ ]

"You jackasses, you're ruining my streak!" Crowley hangs up and turns to Ion. "Watch him. I'll be right back."

TWO RIVERS HOTEL
[ ☼ ]

Sam and Dean exit their hotel room, Sam holding onto the doorpost as they go. "I should be taking you to the ER." Dean says.

"They can't do anything for me. You know, I've been remembering things, little things, so clearly—" Sam starts.

"What, donkey rides?" Dean asks.

"You used to read to me, um, when I was little, I— I mean, really little, from that— from that old, uh... Classics Illustrated comic book. You remember that?" Sam asks.

"No." Dean says.

"Knights of the Round Table. Had all of King Arthur's knights, and they were all on the quest for the Holy Grail. And I remember looking at this picture of Sir Galahad, and, and, and he was kneeling, and— and light streaming over his face, and— I remember... thinking, uh, I could never go on a quest like that." Sam says. "Because I'm not clean. I mean, I w— I was just a little kid. You think... maybe I knew? I mean, deep down, that— I had... demon blood in me, and about the evil of it, and that I'm— wasn't pure?"

"Sam, it's not your fault." Dean says.

"It doesn't matter anymore. Because these trials... they're purifying me." Sam says as they reach the end of the hallway. "They were here, the— the— the books, the boxes! They— they're gone." Dean pushes open the door.

METATRON'S ROOM
[ ☼ ]

Sam and Dean enter the room, which is filled with thousands of books. They round the corner and come face to face with Metatron, who aims a rifle at them.