22

( HUNTERI HEROICI )

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA

PARK
[ ☼ ]

A Man wearing a suit and a wedding ring sits at a park picnic table and sends a text message on his cell phone. Message sent, he sets the phone down and fingers his wedding ring. "Gary?" A Young Woman walks up behind him. Gary stands up and faces her.

"Olivia. After last time I – I didn't think that you would come." He says.

"I wasn't going to, but..." Olivia starts.

"I'm glad you did."

"So am I." Olivia takes Gary's hands and they smile at each other. We hear a muted thumping noise. "Do you hear that?"

"What?" Gary asks.

"The thumping noise. Is – is that you?"

"You can hear that?" Gary groans and bends over slightly, in pain.

"Gary!" She yells.

Gary puts a hand to his chest. "Aah!" He yells.

"Gary!" Olivia yells as Gary falls back towards the picnic table, gasping in pain. "Gary, what is it?" Gary sits on the bench and pulls his shirt open. "Gary! Gary!"

Gary's heart is thumping dramatically in his chest, pulling his skin upwards in a cookie-cutter heart shape. Gary groans and Olivia screams. Olivia is splattered with blood.

SUPERNATURAL

GAS 'N SIP
[ ☼ ]

Sam is talking on the phone while filling the Impala. Castiel is leaning against the front of the car. "Right, yeah. No, just, uh – just call us whenever you find something." Sam says as Dean and Elena walk out of the store. "Yeah. Yeah, course." Dean removes the tops from two bottles of beer. "Right. No, I – I, uh..."!Dean hands Sam a beer. "Yeah, hey, you know what? Uh, Dean's here. He really wants to talk to you." Sam hands the phone to Dean.

"Ms. Tran, yeah, hi, uh..." Dean hangs up and tosses the phone back to Sam. "Tunnel. What's going on in Tran-land?"

"Well, uh, Garth finally got them to his houseboat, but Kevin's having a lot of trouble reading their half of the tablet." Sam says. "So far, bits and pieces. Nothing about boarding up Hell."

"Garth has a safe-houseboat?" Dean asks.

"Dude, I don't even ask questions anymore." Sam takes the gas pump out of the Impala. Dean walks to the front of the car, where Castiel is reading a newspaper.

"What's the word, Cas?" Dean asks.

"It's a shortened version of my name." Cas says.

"Yes, it is. I meant what's the word on the Word?" Dean asks. "Any, uh, tablet chatter on angel radio?"

"Oh, I couldn't say. I turned that off." Castiel says.

"You can do that?" Elena asks.

"Yeah, it's a simple matter of blocking out certain subsonic frequencies." Castiel says. "I could draw you a diagram if you want."

"No, that's – we're good." Dean says. "Why'd you flip the switch?"