29

( WORD OF GOD )

Castiel, Elena and Dean leave Mr Hinckley's room and walk down the hallway. "Well, what do you think? Mean anything to you?" Dean asks.

"Yes. It's Enochian. It means 'obey'." Says Cas.

"Obey? Obey what?" Elena asks.

"I don't know. But the amount of pain an angel must be in not just to manifest through shrubbery but to burn – Dean... we have to find him before it's too late."

"Okay. Okay, well, look, a sign like that – Alfie can't be too far, right?" Dean asks. "So we'll just start at the bush and work our way out."

"And look for what exactly? Crowley could have him anywhere." Castiel says.

"Well, if I know Crowley, the place will be swarming with demons, so we'll just drive till we see ugly."

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

Amelia is standing in the doorway to the bathroom, wearing only Sam's shirt. "It's official – I hate motels. Say something." She says. Sam is shirtless in bed.

"What would you like me to say? That was great? That was... a mistake?" Asks Sam.

"I don't know. Both, I guess."

"I understand." Sam says.

"Do you? Do you understand I have a life here? A good man that loves me..." She sits on the edge of the bed facing Sam. "...a man I don't want to hurt?"

"I know." Sam says.

"And do you know you're the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning and the last thing before I go to sleep? It's tough to let something like that go."

"Yeah." Sam says.

"Especially if you keep showing up here." Amelia says.

"Are you saying you want me to leave?" Asks Sam.

"I'm telling you that if you stay, against everything I believe in, I would be with you. But if you leave... don't come back." She says. "I can't have you with one foot in my life and one foot out there doing... whatever it is you do. That life of yours I have no idea about."

"You don't want to know about it. Believe me. It's a big step." Sam says.

"For me or you?"

"Both. I... need to think about this. You need to think about this. Words will never cover what you mean to me – what you'll always mean to me, but we should..." Sam starts.

"Think about this. Okay. How about two days from now, around 7:30? I'll be off work then. One of us will be here, and we'll know." Amelia says. "Neither of us will be here... and we'll know. Or both of us will be here... and we'll know."

Meanwhile, Three shabbily-dressed men stand around a fire burning in a 44-gallon drum. The Impala pulls up on the other side of a fence.

IMPALA
[ ☼ ]

"Wow, will you look at that? Our ninth abandoned factory. Ain't that America?" Dean says.Hey, what do you say, this doesn't pan out, we head back to that beer-and-bacon happy hour about a mile back, huh?"

"Wait a minute, Dean. Those derelicts, they're demons. I can see their true faces." Castiel says.

Dean looks through binoculars at the men standing around the drum and sees another man on a balcony above them. "Crowley's got that many hell monkeys outside, he's got to have at least double inside." He says.