Chapter 2

9 Months Later

I woke up slowly, my brain catching up with my waking body.
I could hear but not see, blackness still taking over my vision. In the background of my ever slowly return to consciousness, I could faintly hear OneRepublic 'Counting Stars' playing and unfamiliar voices talking over me.

"Don't tell me you're doing that with her!?" A girl's voice rang out in an annoyed huff.

"Well, she likes this song. Her Facebook said so!" 'Yea well if facebook told you to jump off of the CCPD would you!?' my subconscious shouted sarcastically. 'I don't actually like this song, like at all'

'Lately, I been, I been losing sleep

Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby I been, I been prayin' hard

Said no more counting dollars

We'll be counting stars

Yeah, we'll be counting stars'

Not being able to take any more of the torture pushed to wake up. Gasping my eyes shot open. Looking at the unfamiliarity, confused as hell. The room was unfamiliar and I was connected to several wired connected to several different, mysterious machines. Halfway between a hospital and a lab, the room was littered with high-tech computers and screens.

'Okay, where am I? What the hell happened?' then I remembered. There was a storm, then the lightning and Barry, oh god Barry.

"Barry!" I shouted, half out of fright and half out of some actual hope that someone could hear me.

I sat up and looked around, but settled down when I saw my brother in the bed next to me. He was sitting on the side of the bed looking at me in worry. When I shot up and shouted for him, he stood and walked over to my bedside. He opened his mouth to say something, but he was cut off.

"You're awake!" exclaimed a young man walking into the lab. His voice sounded like one from a few minutes ago. He had shoulder-length hair, was wearing a hoodie and had a tablet in one hand and a stick of liquorice in the other. "I'm a Cisco Ramon. Welcome to S.T.A.R. Labs."

"Charlie Allen. Nice to... Wow, wow, wow, back the truck up! Do you mean THE S.T.A.R. Labs? As in 'Harrison Wells' S.T.A.R Labs" I was more than a little thrown off with the location.

"One sec," he spoke into his tablet, "Caitlin, they are now both awake." He turned back to me and my brother. "Sorry. Yes, THE S.T.A.R. labs, but sadly we lost that reputation when we nuked the city."

"You did WHAT?" Barry and I shouted at the same time.

"You remember that storm?" I nodded, looking at my brother, remembering the Lightning as it hit his chest. "Yeah, we caused that, when the Accelerator blew up. Slight mishap, may or may not have caused destruction," he says, playing it off as if it were normal or casual. But there is nothing normal or casual about Nuking the city!

"Were you dropped on your head growing up?" I asked Cisco. But he was saved from having to answer when a young woman briskly walked in and began tapping buttons on her tablet. 'She must be Caitlin' I thought as I looked at her.

When she leaned over to check some piece of machinery next to me, and I caught sight of the date on her tablet. "September 2014?! How long were we out for?"