Chapter 15

"Ok, see you in a few." Barry hung up the phone. "Oliver and Felicity are meeting us outside the nightclub Thea owns, Verdant."

"Do you know where that is?" I asked.

"I've been there before so yes. Hopefully people won't think the S.T.A.R. Labs van sitting outside a nightclub isn't too strange."

"Might be bad for business, though." I pointed out. We parked outside the nightclub and got out of the van. Oliver, Felicity and Thea came out of the club.

"You couldn't have gone with a more conspicuous form of transport?" asked Oliver.

"Barry doesn't have a car, and Joe uses his in the police," I explained.

"You could have just ran," suggested Felicity. Everybody stared at her. "Well, they could."

Barry put his arm around me. "We considered it, but Charlie wasn't feeling too great."

Concern flashed over Oliver's face. "If she's ill you two didn't need to come."

Waving a hand, I shrugged. "I'm fine, really. I mean I was only tasered that caused me to go into cardiac arrest. As my ability and the electricity from said weapon basically causes a nuclear explosion inside my body. Making my heart stop."

They stared at me like I had lost it, but one glare from me had everyone carrying one with what they were doing. "Guys really, I'm fine. As long as I keep Dr. Wells informed of any mishaps then I don't have to sit through another one of his lectures on responsibility and how in science we DO NOT keep secrets! So carry on as if I wasn't on my deathbed over 24 hours ago."

"Ok, it's your call." Felicity said and led us into Verdant. We followed her into the basement where she paused dramatically before turning on the lights to reveal a spacious modern room containing computers, weapons and Oliver's Arrow suit on a stand.

I excitedly hit my brother on the arm. "This is so cool," I squeaked.

Barry pulled his arm away from me. "Stop pummelling me!"

I pulled a face. "Sorry. But it is really cool. Is this where y'all fight crime?"

Rolling his eyes, Oliver sighed. "This is HQ. Where else are we gonna do it?"

Felicity sat down at the computer. "So, here's why we called you. There's this metahuman, as of yet unnamed, that seems to be able to blow things up. I mean not, like, with a bomb like you'd expect – with his bare hands." She made an accompanying hand gesture with explosion sound effects.

Oliver put his hand on her shoulder. "What Felicity is trying to say, is that there is a metahuman with short-range explosion capabilities-"

"And we would gratefully accept your help." Finished Felicity, smiling at Oliver.

Barry and I exchanged a glance. "We'd love to, right Barry?" I asked, elbowing him.

"Oh my word, why do you keep beating me up?" Asked my brother, rubbing his arm.

Thea laughed, and I smiled at her.

Oliver cleared his throat. "The metahuman, James Cavallon, is 19 an-"

"Ha you called him a Metahuman!" I snorted, which earned me a glare fro the rich blonde.

"And goes to the local college. Thea has seen him at her club a few times."

Thea showed them a blurry and dark picture of James on her phone. "It's the best I could get without seeming suspicious."

Barry and I frowned at the picture. I shrugged, "I wouldn't recognise him from that. Do you have any ideas about taking him down?"