Chapter 20

Charlie's POV

I woke up with a groan, my head felt like lead and my jaw hurts, like a lot. I felt myself being picked up, and my eyes shot open. Looking up I saw Leonard Snart aka Captain Cold.

Reality hit when I realised what had happened, the dude had kidnapped me and knew who I was. Well this was great, I was screwed; the man I looked up to was my mother's murder, my best friend nearly died if I hadn't walked in when I did and now I was being held captive by captain cold who hates my brother and I, well more Barry then me, but still! Can my life get any worse!?

'Come on universe give me your best shot!' I screamed in my mind.

Clutching my jaw, I looked up at him. In a split second I rolled out of his grip, and was about to run away when he shook his head at me. "I wouldn't if I were you."

I raised my eyebrows. "Why not?"

He held up his phone and showed me a video call. On the other end, tied up and gagged, was Caitlin. Captain Cold gave me a serious look. "Come with me and my friend won't hurt her. Run away and I guarantee there is no way you will find her before my friend detonates the bomb."

'And give it shall, the love just keeps on coming' I spoke sarcastically in my head.

I did a quick mental calculation. For all I knew, Caitlin wasn't even in Central City. It was too risky, and I couldn't risk Caitlin's life. "Alright. I'll come with you."

"Good choice," drawled Captain Cold. He led me into the back of a van parked nearby and closed the doors on me. "I'll trust you not to try and escape."

Sat in the foetal position, I closed my eyes and rested my head back against the wall of the van. The gentle rocking of the van was strangely soothing.

Waves of exhaustion threatened to wash over me, but I tried to push everything to the back of my mind and focus on a way of escaping without putting Caitlin's life on the line. Perhaps I could get the phone off him and try and trace the video call, but my computer skills weren't in the same league as Cisco or Dr...

The thought of him suddenly felt like acid was burning my mouth. How he had do what he had done and still helped Barry and I.
How he acted, how he spoke to us both and yet he did everything he could to end my brother.

I was pulled from my bitter thought as the van shuddered to a stop and Captain Cold threw open the doors. "If you ever want to see your friend again, you will reveal your identity to Central City."

I took a deep breath. "Why? What could you possibly gain from that?"

"And tell them you've retired and I run this city now. I don't have to remind you about Dr Snow, I presume."

I closed my eyes, suddenly feeling more tired then I had ever done be for. Sighing and silently apologised to Joe, Barry, Caitlin and Cisco. I agreed "I'll do it."

Captain Cold tied me to a chair in the back of the van, leaving my arms free, and set up a camera on a tripod and some fancy computer equipment. "Ready?" he asked.

I nodded. He started the camera. "Citizens of Central City," I began, voice shaky. "My name is Charlotte Sophie Allen and I am Dash." I lifted my left hand into view of the camera and vibrated it until you could see the purple lightning dancing off her fingers. "Cap-" I paused to take a breath. "Captain Cold is now in charge of Central City. The Flash and I have retired."

.....

Third Person's POV

Barry ran up to Joe at the CCPD. "Hey, Joe, have you seen Charlie? I've been blowing up her phone but she's not replying."

Joe looked at him worriedly. "I was about to ask you the same thing. I've been trying to get a hold of Dr Wells as well."

Captain Singh beckoned them both urgently. "Joe, Barry, you need to see this." They followed him into the office where the entire team was crowded around one of the television screens mounted on the wall. Barry's breath caught in his throat when he saw who was on the screen.

"My name is Charlotte Sophie Allen and I am Dash," said his sister. She lifted her left hand into view of the camera and vibrated it until you could see the purple lightning dancing off her fingers. "Cap-" she paused to take a breath. "Captain Cold is now in charge of Central City. The Flash and I have retired."

Joe and Barry shared a look that encompassed everything from fear to sympathy. Captain Cold had just done something that would kill Charlie to no end. More than ether could ever know.

Both were starring at the screen so intensity when Barry's phone rang and he and Joe nearly jumped out of there skins.

"I'm guessing you're catching the afternoon news in This Is Not Good-ville? Well, I hate to be the one to tell you this but there is a big-ass tidal wave headed for the city. You need to get to the coast now!" Cisco's voice rang out in panic and fright, he decided against the whole Dr. Wells- Is-The-Reverse-Flash thing for a little while longer.

"I'm on it." He hung up and explained the situation to Joe before changing into his Flash suit and racing to the coast. Sure enough, there was a wave big enough to engulf the entire city. He switched on the comm in his suit. "How do I stop it?"

"Theoretically, if you can create a vortex barrier along the coastline, a wall of wind, that would be able to sap the tidal wave of its energy before it hits the city," explained Cisco. "You need to run back and forth along the coast."

"How fast?"

"I don't know if you can run that fast."

"Well, it's not like we have much of a choice." Barry steeled himself and took off, feet pounding the sand, wind whistling past him, driven by the desire to save his city and everyone he cared about. He continued to push himself to the limit, moving faster than he ever had before.

Next to him, he could make out the silhouette of another Flash and deja-vu washed over him, but he noticed it was from a different perspective this time. He was the other Flash.

Suddenly his surroundings morphed into something entirely different. Skidding to a stop, he froze and looked around. He was back at the crossroads. Struggling to catch his breath and take it all in, everything seemed surreal. The dogs barking at each other, the person twirling a sign. Nearby, he noticed the all-too-familiar woman calling, "Taxi! Taxi! Oh come on, I'm gonna be late!"

"Oh boy," said Barry.

Next time on 'Baby speedster'

"Oh you're scared. Don't be, you're not on my 'to-die' list."He was now right in front of me, a sinister grin plastered all over his face. "But you are going to do something for me though."

"No, I won't help you, how stupid do you think I am!? Why in gods name would you think I'd ever help you?" I ask. I tried to move to the left but both his hands smacked the wall on ether side of me. Stopping my movements.

"Because I asked!" He bought his left hand up and gently stroked my face. I squeeze my eyes shut as he bought his mouth down to my ear. "But I don't want your help yet, when the time comes. Then you'll know what to do."