Chapter 24

Charlie's POV

"He's nowhere to be found," I panted upon my return to S.T.A.R. Labs, closely followed by my brother. "How the hell is it possible that we can't find him!?"

"He has to be somewhere," said Dr Wells. "Nobody is nowhere."

"It doesn't matter if he is somewhere because we don't know where that where is... Wait, what?" I paused and frowned, mouthing back my sentence again and trying to fathom whether what I had just said made any sense.

"Regardless of my sister's abysmal grammar, which for a prodigy genius is somewhat scary than any thought of its own." continued Barry, pointedly ignoring my 'I'm still here! You incompetent imbecile!'. "We have to find him, fast."

"But you two searched the entire city," said Caitlin. "What more could you possibly do?"

"Wait," I said, gasping with realisation. "We did search the entire city, but do you know where we didn't search? Here, the Reverse-Flash must of knows that we wouldn't of search in the one place we are always at. So that means he's somewhere in S.T.A.R. Labs."

Thea gave me an impressed look, "Girl, that is some good thinking."

I just smiled and answered lightheartedly. "Thanks, I am called a prodigy for a reason." I then looked down at the floor. For some reason that lighthearted jab at my intelligence, was in itself, a way of trying to make sense of upcoming unknown dread.

Barry got ready to run, but at that exact moment Cisco's phone rang. "Hello? Ok, I'll be right there." He put his phone back in his pocket. "I just have a quick errand to run. Do you mind?"

"Not at all," said Dr Wells. As Cisco left, Dr Wells said, "If you don't mind I have an errand to run as well. Charlie try not to do something stupid." With that he left.

"Whaaa... You know what I'll ask later! Let's get going," I called out and Barry and I were off.

.....

The two of us speedsters tore through the lab, searching every nook and cranny.

"He's not here. Looks like Charlie was wrong," sighed Barry.

"I highly doubt Charlie was wrong," said Iris place emphasis on my name as she spoke. "She's never wrong. About anything!"

"Well you know, it happened once. In a dream," he muttered.

"You wish," I teased him.

"Just how smart are you!?" Thea asked incredulously to me.

"On a scale of 1-10 I'd be placed at an 11 with an IQ higher than 190. My brain works at a function entirely different from that of Barry, whose IQ is 126 and Dr.Wells', which is 165. You could say my brain just works differently altogether." I say like it's no big deal.

"You say that as if it a normal statement of everyday use. Just how old are you again, and shouldn't you be in school, it is a Monday." Thea said looking at me, humour dancing in her eyes.

"15 and no I took my final exams last Friday to finalise my leaving High School which I technically left last Christmas time but after the accident I wasn't able to take them. So I was made to do that now." I say as I grin smugly at her shocked face.

"Wow!" Was all she said. Everyone laughed at her face as they had been the ones in her shoes in one point of there time knowing me.