Chapter 17

(Charlie's Outfit)

My day sucks! All I was doing was sitting in my room waiting for the time I'd have to go all the way to S.T.A.R Labs, when the house phone went off. And that had set off the chain of events to one of my most crappy of days.

Walking down the stairs I walked into Joe. I stopped and looked over to him as he picked up the phone.

"Hello, West residents."

"Yes she is, no she's fine."

"Oh... I see."

"Yes I will let her know."

He put down the phone and looked over to me with a shy almost scared smile. This can not be good.

"That was the high school. They wanted me to let you know you start school in two weeks, unless you want to be home schooled." He watched my face carefully as the passing emotions flew across my face.

First it was frozen, then shock, and last hate. I remembered my two years in that hell hole. It wasn't nice being 13 and smarter than most sophomores in your class, hell I was smarter than my teachers.

"No I'm not going back Joe. I'd rather be stuck in a room with the Reverse-Flash!" With that I turned and ran to the Lab.

Once there I walked straight into my little lab without greeting anyone and sat down at my desk. I laid my head on the desk and exhaled in frustration. There was and is now way in hell I am going back to that school. High school is the definition of hell for a 13 year old 'genius prodigy'. I was smart, so what. I never asked to be sent off to high school and the thought of all the bullying because I was smart made my insides twist. I still remember the hits I got, how I was pushed into isolation by those around me because I was a 'freak'. I let the lone tear slide down my face at all my memories.

They say high school is hell of all teens, but high school is and was literally my hell just like it was for Barry.

I was still head down on the desk when there was a knock on the door. With a quick come in, I lifted my head to see Dr. Wells in the doorway. I gave him a tight smile and laid my head back down.

.....
Third Person's POV

"Now there can only be two explanations for a face like that. 1. You're tired and 2. Something is bothering you. Now which one is it?" His voice was gentle as he wheeled over to the distressed girl.

"The second one. My, um... my high school called this morning. I have to either finish my schooling there or be homeschooled, but as there's no one smart enough in the educational system who can teach or test me. I'd have to go back to school." Charlie kept her head down facing the table. "Um being a 15 year old 'prodigy'." To word sounded venomous even to her ears. But she ignored it. "I was bullied pretty bad, so I studied like hell to graduate early. But after the accident, well now I have to go back." The young girl now had tears sliding gently down her face. She looked back up at her hero and inspiration in sadness.

Dr. Wells looked at her and smiled gently, then grinned as the perfect plan came to his head (other than his 'kill-the-Flash' plan). "Why don't Caitlin, Cisco and I, maybe even Barry can help you."

"You would do that for me?" Charlie asked.

Dr. Wells was about to answer when Charlie's door was slammed open and Caitlin, Cisco and Barry came running in.

.....
Charlie's POV

"Of course we're helping you Charlie bear. After all, your like our sister. Well other than Dr. Wells and Barry. She already is Barry's sister." Cisco was literally vomiting his words. "You know we would love to help."