Chapter 21

(Charlie's Outfit for next day)

Third Person's POV

Barry stood staring at the street until a voice in his ear jarred him back to reality. "Hey, what's going on? Dude?"

"Yeah, Cisco. I'm here."

Cisco's voice sounded slightly irritated. "What happened? Why'd you stop?"

Barry gave the street another distrustful glance. "I just got a little disoriented."

"Well, you need to make up some time, man. You better hurry up."

"Hurry?"

"Hurry, as in get to the morgue."

"The morgue? I was there. Yesterday."

"What are you talking about? Come on, you gotta go."

Barry shook his head slightly, as if to clear the fog out of his mind, and set off towards the morgue. When he arrived Joe greeted him with a 'hey, Bar' which gave him even more deja-vu than he already had.

"What's with all the water?" asked Joe. "Did the sprinkler system go off or something?"

"No, I checked the sprinklers. They're all intact. But the water has ice in it. And the bruises on the coroner aren't just on his face. Check look at his torso." Barry knelt down and pulled up the coroner's shirt to reveal bruises covering his torso.

"Whoa. How the hell did you know that?"

"He was killed by hail," explained Barry. "We have to listen to the recording."

Joe frowned. "Recording?"

Eddie came up to them and Barry nodded, remembering. "Joe, we got something. The coroner's office just installed an automated dictation system. Listen to this."

He pressed play and the room was filled with a crackly voice begging, "Please no more!"

Another voice replied, "I'll stop when you tell me who killed him!"

Barry said, "It's Mark Mardon. He wants revenge."

.....
Charlie's POV

Sat on the desk in S.T.A.R. Labs, I asked "So Clyde Mardon has a brother? I do love a good plot twist." I looked over to my brother. I hadn't been to the morgue because Dr Wells didn't want me to, instead he had asked for my help upgrading the system they used to speak on the comms.

So here I was, sat on the desk with me boot clad feet on one of the empty chairs.

"And both brothers survived the plane crash, and then the dark matter released from the particle accelerator explosion affects them both in virtually the same way," explained Dr Wells.

"Yeah, only Mark's powers seem to be a lot more precise," added Barry. He was looking at me weirdly, as if I was about to disappear or something.

"To be able to control the weather like that, indoors? You'd have to be a... Weather Wizard," said Cisco and Barry at the same time, I looked over to my brother in awe. "Yeah, I've been waiting since week one to use that one." He took a sip of his slushy then winced and clutched his forehead.

"Trigeminal headache?" asked Barry, Caitlin and I. I rested my chin on my palm and frowned at my idiotic brother. 'What has he done now!?' And I'm only asking okay. Because that was just creepy.

"Mr. Allen, a word please." Dr. Wells asked Barry and he nodded walking over with him into the treadmill room. Ohhh someone's in trouble!