A Few Days Later

The other day I saw you again but you didn't notice; you've probably already forgotten our brief encounter and don't even remember that I exist.

I couldn't believe my eyes! You were walking alone on campus... perhaps you were between classes but I really didn't know.

Although I'd wished it, I never expected to encounter you again. Wow! Yeah! Catching that brief encounter and stealing those glances at you was an amazingly pleasant surprise; a glimmer of sunlight on my cloudy day.

I laugh to myself when I replay in my mind that scene of you walking by because wanted or not, strains of that old song played in my mind. How could I not think of the Girl from Ipanema when I saw you walk by that way?

Forget blonde!

That gorgeous long black hair of yours shimmered in the sunlight when those little breezes blew it around while you briskly walked by, especially because you didn't have it tied up into a ponytail.

Yes! Guys do notice things; at least I've noticed a few.

I'll tell you what else I've noticed about you... you have a very attractive, curvaceous slim figure... and just right curves in all the right places. I wonder... what does it feel like to hug you and hold you tightly?

I wish I could gaze into your mesmerizing dark brown eyes only to wonderfully discover amazing you looking back at me. I'd love to bury my face in and steal a sniff of that alluring scent of your beautiful long hair. Isn't imagination wonderful?

I thought more but maybe I shouldn't say any more or you'll probably just brand me another typical male lech, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't turned on.

Anyway, you were smiling... but not at me... revealing that enigmatic smile of yours that I've discreetly glimpsed before. I'm not surprised you seemed so happy; perhaps that special someone was in your next class waiting for you and you were rushing off to meet him. I'll admit I've enviously wondered who he is but I didn't see you with him.

Pleeeease! Just don't let him be that football jock Jeff Davidson... most girls just seem to wilt silly into mush for that goof when he's around. Besides, I already know for sure that Jeannie Jayson minx has her hooks into him and she won't tolerate any competition going anywhere near him... but I'm betting you have much better judgement.

I really wish I knew how to meet with you again for a while and truly get to know you... the real you... and I say this with all sincerity, but I know that's not likely to happen. We're not even in any of the same classes... and then there's this one very big obvious obstacle between us that I haven't even mentioned... and you know it too. I'm just some ordinary white guy like every other guy who lives in this place... but you're not white. Let me be realistic... if I see the differences between us, then I know you do too.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're either Chinese or Vietnamese... or possibly Japanese, but I really have no idea. Honestly, I'd be afraid to guess and then be wrong... but then again, just having that one opportunity to make a fool of myself in front of you... I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world because it's not likely to ever happen.

I don't know how to approach you. Until that day I saw you for the very first time in that bus-stop shelter when you briefly spoke to me, I never even considered someone completely different from me as a possibility to want to get to know.

What on earth did you say to me that was so different?

I must be crazy! Why would you even think about talking to some random white guy unless you had no choice? I mean no choice like in asking about class related stuff... or kindly offering your umbrella to some unprepared idiot taking refuge in a bus-stop shelter because of heavy rain... to that ordinary nobody who needed it... I guess you did have a choice about the umbrella.