A Completely Different Day

In spite of being Monday morning I awoke ahead of the alarm clock and restlessly shifted around on my bed, but sleep wouldn't return. Yesterday's blow to my ribs was still hurting but the fast moving events of the strangest weekend I'd ever lived were playing and replaying through my mind.

Scenes of Sonia's fighting were haunting me. In those few short minutes of battle she'd transformed into a merciless, savage fighter, and afterward showed no remorse whatsoever. No doubt she fought in that manner to save our lives because I'd been useless trying to defend her. Minutes later she sort of trusted me to lead us away from danger and out of the treed wilderness yet she knew exactly when our travel was in the wrong direction.

Before trouble appeared and messed things up she had openly stated that she wanted me to know more about her

Before trouble appeared and messed things up she had openly stated that she wanted me to know more about her. The fighting part I could understand, rationalize, dismiss and even forget about, but everything else revealed to me I couldn't fathom.

Throughout yesterday the tinting in her hair randomly brightened to lighter shades of orange-brown. At first I thought sunlight shining on her hair was causing weird illusions but that same effect persisted when we entered those darker shaded areas of the forest. When I commented about what I thought I was seeing, she simply dismissed it as a side effect of the Red Moon. I had no idea what she was talking about, so rather than do something stupid and annoy her I dropped the subject.

Rolling onto my back and staring at the ceiling, I wondered, "Do you really possess a strange power that enables you to reach inside and grab at me like that?"

She made no excuses and admitted that she'd tried to do just that while staring into me, wanting to make me hers because she'd chosen me, whatever that meant. After I broke free from her strange hold she was devastated like her heart had just been broken, and while I tried to make sense out of what I thought she was telling me, I let slip that I'd fallen in love with her. Of course I'd been saving my confession for the perfect moment but that never came along.

Instead of answering me one way or the other she became incoherent, rambling on in a mix of English and Korean about a Red Moon and losing me forever.

As if that wasn't confusing enough, she switched to telling me that she could feel me inside her but kept shoving me away when I honestly admitted to her that I couldn't feel whatever it was that she wanted me to feel inside of me. Her wild mood swings had me totally baffled.

Earlier in the predawn I truly felt Sonia touching inside me again... maybe that's what woke me up. Those sensations were weird at first; like she was gently urging me to go to her. I tried to dismiss the impossible as nothing more than imagination working overtime but my thoughts were jumbled and sleep wouldn't return.

Even now as I start my day I'm feeling her soft touching inside me again. This inexplicable intrusion is definitely foreign but it's strangely comforting too... it's like I feel her acceptance of me in spite of my doubts about her feelings toward me.