Chapter Six: Truth Be Told Part Two

First off, thank you so much for the feedback and likes again. It's what keeps me going. 

Here's the second part to Truth Be Told. And a little history to Kenzie. 

I have lots more planned out for the coming chapters before all hell breaks loose. More to come and enjoy.

...

Chapter Six: Truth Be Told Part Two

If there was ever a time that Kenzie felt really awkward and out of place, this was the time. They stood there in silence waiting. No questions were asked, no simple conversations were started to pass time.

Nothing.

Not even: what is your name?

Kenzie walked the few feet to the steps and sat down. She removed her back pack and put it beside her. She wondered how long it was going to take for their friends to return. She could be nosey and ask. But she decided against it. It was none of her business even when she was curious. For all she knew they just went into town to get a few things.

It did give her some time to observe though. She tried to make it unknown to them that she was checking them out: in a not so sorta hey, I think you are cute kinda way.

She watched them interact with each other, allowing her hair to hide her wandering eyes. She couldn't eavesdrop from where she sat so she didn't know what they were talking about. But her gut told her it has something to do with her.

Why not? She would probably do the same if some stranger came up to her claiming they had information about a haunted location. She would squeeze every bit of detail she could possibly get out. She wouldn't wait. Curiosity would kill the cat long before the talk came.

Being who she was though, she was content without the hounding.

"Mind if I sit?" His voice wedges its way through her thoughts.

Kenzie looked up and met his waiting gaze. "Uh, sure." She said, scooting closer to the rail.

"I'm Chris by the way." He said, sitting down next to her and offered his hand to her.

A small smile reached the corners of her mouth, placing her hand into his and shook it. She felt her cheeks grow warm as his hold was gentle. Her stomach fluttered. "Kenzie. I'd say it's a pleasure meeting you but how often do you have some random person come up to you saying they know what you are seeking."

"Unexpectedly? None that I can recall." He stated truthfully. There was mystery to this woman and why she came back. Maybe he would be lucky and find out why.

"Exactly." She paused for a split second, pushing her hair from her face. "I would have done it differently though. If I would have known Mike had ghost busters coming I would be prepared. You guys would know instead of me just dropping by."

Chris chuckled raising a brow. "Ghost Busters?"

She nodded her head, hiding her smirk. Biting back the laughter that was trying to sneak up on her and turned and glanced at him. "Yes, sir. Isn't that what you do? Catch ghosts in contraptions?"

"You've done your research." He said, crossing his arms and resting them on top of his knees. "Did you find out anything interesting about us?"

Kenzie nodded again. "I have." She looked down at the ground. "You try catching ghosts, that's pretty interesting in its self."

"But..." He was waiting for it. Any skeptic person would tell them that they were crazy for hunting something that they couldn't see or in some cases they didn't believe. Seeing was believing. There is an explanation for the unknown.