Chapter Seven: History

Firstly, thank you for your feedback and the likes. It's a good feeling when readers return and new ones arrive. 

Yay, this is Rescue Me's longest chapter yet.

So I wanted you guys to know the history behind Sunnyside and finally have the boys on board. This goes back to the first chapter on what Kenzie saw through Carol.  

I've asked this already in my conversation feed and have gotten a few great filler ideas. But I'm always looking for suggestions. What would you like to see happen? Even though I have the main idea, sometimes fillers are a must. Leave a comment(s) with suggestions and your idea could be plotted out for a filler.

Lots more to come. Enjoy.

...

Chapter Seven: History

"Wait here." Chris told her as he got up and started walking towards the truck.

"Don't worry I'm not going anywhere." Kenzie said, watching him as he left her. It was easy to talk to one about her gift. It was nice to finally open up to someone even if it was to a stranger. He listened and did not freak out or overreact. He didn't accuse her of lying or being crazy; not even a star struck fan looking for their five minutes of fame. He didn't question her with twenty need to know about the afterlife or if someone he lost was still hanging around.

He was a believer.

Her worst fears of being turned away and ridicule was no longer weighing on her.

She just needed to tell his friends and convince them that she wasn't crazy.

"Just tell them the truth." His voice whispered into her ears. "They will understand."

A cold chill travelled her spine. Her heart stopped, sinking into the pit of her stomach. The color drained from her face. "Are you kidding me?" She whispered harshly, snapping her head to the right of her. "You're picking now to show up?"

"Ghosts know, no time dear. We just show up." He informed her, faintly appearing beside her.

"I can see that. You can't just sneak up on someone without a warning. You're going to make me seem like I'm talking to myself. Oh wait, I am because they can't see you. Not a very good first impression." She whispered, shifting her eyes to the guys to see if they noticed her talking to herself.

They did not.

She sighs softly. "What is it that you want now?"

"Just what I told you before, trust them. I know you're hesitate to talk to them about your gift."

"Oh, so you're a mind reading ghost now?"

"I'm just saying, you don't have to be afraid to tell them the truth."

She knew he only means well but his constant pop ups was starting to get on her nerves. She's never knew such a pain in the ass spirit before... She rolled her eyes. "I appreciate the words of wisdom but I got this. You convinced me to talk so please let me do my part."

And that was that, she looked away and he was gone.

Just in time as Chris and his friends approached her. All eyes were on her, she felt like a deer caught in headlights. Her heart thumped in her chest and she stood to her feet. She wiped her hands on her shirt as they became clammy. This was going to be more difficult than she thought. She was nervous. "Hi." She said, swallowing the lump in her throat. "I'm Kenzie." She held her hand out.

"I'm Doogie and this is Porter." He introduced to her as he shook her hand and Porter did the same.

Kenzie turned to the other two that was with Chris. "We weren't formally introduced."