Chapter Eleven: Calm Before The Storm

I can't thank you guys enough for your feedback and stars. I greatly appreciate it all. It's what keeps me going. 

Now I realized that I forgot a child when writing them. Poor Susie was forgotten. So she's added back in. This is more a filler than anything else. I needed something before the boom. So do enjoy more interaction with the children. I might have tapped into my inner child too while writing this chapter. Lol

Now comes my question: would you want one more chapter between Kenzie and Chris and the children or would you want the story to move on? Drop a comment and let me know. 

...

Chapter Eleven: Calm Before The Storm

There was a calmness in the room after Doogie talked to the children. Kenzie looked at the children, they felt as ease. She was amazed by it.

Susie was the first to move from their inner circle and walked towards him and stopped. She looked him in the eyes.

Doogie felt the chill in front of him. Something about it he knew one of the children was standing in front of him. His eyes moved up and locked with hers. It was a strange feeling. He brought his hand with palm side up. "What is your name?" He asked.

Susie turned her head and looked over her shoulder to Kenzie. And turned back to Doogie, placing her hand inside his. "My name is Susie."

"She said, my name is Susie." Kenzie told him, a tear falling from her eye. She was so proud as a mother was to her child. The outcome of the children meeting the Ghost Hunters was far from what she expected. She thought they would be shy and untrusting of the strangers who invaded their home. Never had she expected them to be so forth coming and interact with them so willingly.

She was happy.

Doogie smiled as he felt the cool air resting on his palm. It touched him deeply and it moved him to tears. But they did not fall. In all his years chasing ghosts nothing prepared him for this moment. A moment that changed him, reminded him of his own children back home. "It's nice to meet you Susie. Do you like Peter Pan too?"

She giggled and nodded her head. Just like the others, the story of Peter Pan was her favorite. "Kenzie, can he read Peter Pan to us?"

"Yes! Can he read Peter Pan?" Denny asked.

"Peter Pan!" Mikey exclaimed. "We lobe Peter Pan."

Kenzie chuckled at their excitement. "If it's alright with him. I see why not." She moved from the other children and went to her back pack that was next to the make shift table. She opened it and reached inside and grabbed the book. She held it up for Doogie to see. "Susie wants to know if you will read Peter Pan to them."

Doogie got up from the floor and walked over to Kenzie and took the book from her hand. "It would be an honor." He said, a smile appearing as he turned with his back to the light and sat down on the floor.

"Yay!" Mikey rushed to the man and sat down in front of him.

Doogie felt the blast of cold air hit him, sending chills down his spine. This chill was different from Susies. He laughed. "And what is your name?" He asked.

"Mikey. I'm Mikey."

"That is Mikey." Kenzie spoke for him.

His energy was strong, Doogie could tell. "Hi Mikey."

Kenzie nodded to the other children to join if they wished. And when another child joined she told Doogie who it was.

Josh stayed back wanting to play with the noise machine some more. He looked at Kenzie in hopes that she would let Brannon know.