Chapter Eight: Meeting The Children Part One

As always, thank you so much for your kind words and the stars. I get excited when I see the feedback and likes from you guys. Welcome new readers. I hope you are enjoying Rescue Me. I know I am. 

So I figured why not introduce the children to the guys and as my readers get to know them a little bit more through Kenzie. Also, there's a reason for her sudden case of butterflies it will just take her some time to figure it out and why it happened.

Also I have an Easter egg in this chapter. Can you figure it out? If you do, leave me a pm with what you think the Easter egg is and I will dedicate the reveal chapter to you. Just don't tell me in the comments what you think the Easter egg is.

...

Chapter Eight: Meeting The Children Part One

Kenzie wanted to leap for joy, throw her arms around each one of them and thank them personally for agreeing to help her. She would skip and gallop around Sunnyside and scream at the top of her lungs with happiness. She's waited for this moment.

But she decided against it. No need to make a fool of herself. She didn't want to scare them off before they had the chance to meet the children. She'll keep her excitement in check. "Thank you so much." She said, her smile growing. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

"You have a good heart, Kenzie." Porter told her. "You're the voice for these spirits and you're willing to help them when no one else can or won't. Your gift is a blessing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

Her heart fluttered as she blushed. "Thank you, Porter. That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Not even my parents thought that way. But I'll save that story for another time."

She walked over to her back pack, put away her memory book she still had in her hands and zipped it up. "Would you like to meet the children? I told them to hide until I checked you guys out and make sure everything was fine. You seem safe."

"That would be awesome." Doogie blurted out just a little too excited. The others laughed.

"Would you mind if I brought along my equipment?" Brannon asked. "We can use it to hopefully see or communicate with the children."

"Sure. I see why not." Kenzie told him. And she didn't see the harm in it. Capturing something on one of their devices will only validate her story even more. She could talk all she wanted but proof was the ultimate truth to everything that she has told them. It may even help them interact with the hunters. They are curious children after all.

She was nervous though; Kenzie has never taken anyone to meet the children. She kept them secret...except for Mike. He needed to know why she was so persistent that Sunnyside didn't get torn down. Too bad they aren't enough to keep the building from going down.

She brushed the sadness that rid her heart off and put her back pack on her shoulders. "If you follow me, I'll take you to the second floor."

Kenzie turned on her heels and made her way up the stairs with the guys close behind. Her heart thumped in her chest the closer she got to the door. Her nerves pulsed through her veins fluttering her stomach. She got a bad case of the butterflies tingling and she didn't know why. She tried to shake the unwanted butterflies, never having it happen before from all the times she has gone inside, but it just got worse.

It had to be something else....didn't it?

Her body temperature rose, making her cheeks flush. She felt nauseated to her stomach, pressing her hands gently on her stomach. She breathed softly to get the sudden attack under control trying to make it discreet. Whatever it was, she didn't need Chris and his friends to notice. How would she explain it to them when she didn't even know what it was.