Chapter Ten: Meeting The Children Part Three

Thank you all so much for your feedback and likes. It means a lot to me. I'm glad you're enjoying the story, I know I am enjoying writing it.

...

Chapter Ten: Meeting The Children Part Three

They walked the remaining distance in silence. The atmosphere has changed. Kenzie tried to wrap her head around what just accrued but there was no explanation she could come up with. She never met another physic before so she wasn't exactly sure what to look for. He obviously wasn't like her. He would have seen Leo and Josh. He would feel the things she does from being inside. He would have seen Casper the friendly ghost when they were outside. Maybe there were different levels of physic abilities she didn't know about. When she did though get a chance she was going to ask him. It would be nice to not be alone.

Kenzie took them to the room at the end of the hall. It was the room she uses daily when she comes to see the children. She later found out it was their room when the orphanage was up and running. And sadly the same room they died in too. She tried moving to a different one at first but she discovered they were attached to it. They were much stronger in it. She never tried moving again.

She stopped at the door way. "Wait here, please." She told them. "I should tell them first."

"Right, of course." Porter answered for them. "We wouldn't want them to be afraid of us."

Kenzie nodded and than walked into the room. She could feel them instantly and she couldn't help but smile. If everything went the way she was hoping it would and the ghost hunters were able too, the children would be able to experience the outside after so long of being trapped. It was bittersweet just thinking about it.

She walked to the far corner of the room where a makeshift table was with a lantern on it and turned the knob to the on position. The light was dim but enough light casted over the room. She turned her flashlight off and placed it on the table before she turned to face the children.

She looked to the corner in the far right by the window. They were huddled together. She saw Mikey poking his head out from under Carols arm.

"Is it safe?" She asked, keeping her arm protectively around the youngest member of their group. "Will they hurt us?"

"They are not bad men." She told them, looking at each one of them before she walked to the middle of the room. She could feel their apprehension. "They will not hurt you."

Kenzie sat down on the floor and crossed her legs. "Come." She held out her hand to them. "Come sit. There is something I would like to tell you."

Leo and Josh were the first to sit. They had already encountered the ghost hunters but the others weren't as openly with the idea.

"They have really cool devices that you can play with." Josh said, smiling from ear to ear. He was looking forward to touching them again.

"You can make faces at them." Leo laughed, looking over his shoulder to the others. "They can't see you. It was fun."

Kenzie mentally thanked Leo for not mentioning the small detail that one of the guys saw him for a split second. Trying to get the other children to come to her was hard enough knowing that they weren't alone. She could feel their eyes on her as she talked out loud. She didn't want the children to experience any difference when all she has ever done was talked to them openly. "It's okay. I promise."

Abby was the one to move first and Kenzie smiled warmly. Since the very beginning Abby has trusted her. She kept promises that were made, helped them when they were in trouble. Blocked the wicked woman who has hurt them for many years before Kenzie came along. She protected them like she said she would. "Who are they?" Abby asked, coming to sit beside Leo.