2.

Past Affairs

MYSTIC FALLS WAS AN UNBELIEVABLE TOWN

MYSTIC FALLS WAS AN UNBELIEVABLE TOWN. It carried some of the most dangerous creatures. Alaska Rose wouldn't risk the utmost fun of inhabiting a town where the supernatural were practically swarming the place. She drove past the sign placed at the border of the town, and past a couple she recognized as Damon Salvatore and Katherine Pierce standing in front of a car with some boy's body in the trunk. She just shook her head and continued driving, hoping to reach the high school where most supernatural creatures gathered for some strange reason.

She never got why everyone was so obsessed with high school. In her opinion, it wasn't worth repeating twice. She learned that when she tried it again in the late 1900s. It just seemed that teenagers weren't as mature as she thought they would be, and threw their lives away for love. For many reasons other than that one, she made sure she didn't get too attached to a person. And for that reason Alaska Rose was utterly incapable of the cherished human emotion known as love.

Finally, after what seemed like an hour of driving, she reached the high school. Teenagers were leaving the school with disappointed faces and she knew Klaus had something to do with it. So, she entered the school to find out what the Hybrid was up to. Once she neared the gym doors, she heard the voice of the aforementioned Hybrid and waited until he was done to make her entrance.

"I'd like you all to meet my sister, Rebekah," he said and Alaska could feel that coming to the school was a mistake. The snarky blonde smirked at the group of mere children standing in front of her. "Word of warning: she can be quite mean."

"Don't be an ass, Nik," Rebekah said.

When Alaska heard her voice she felt her breath hitch in her throat. That very same voice belonged to the blonde beauty she met in the twenties. Her voice brought back unwanted memories, and so Alaska stormed off in the opposite direction. She couldn't face the Mikaelson siblings herself, even after ninety years. They somehow brought out the worst in her, as if she wasn't bad enough. It was better they find her than she find them.

While she was sauntering off, she stopped in front of two blondes in the middle of the school hallway. One of them was lying on the floor, groaning in pain. The other was Rebekah Mikaelson, the one person she was awaiting to meet once again. Next to the girl was the werewolf that was in Rebekah's arms merely minutes ago. Emitting a sigh, she walked up to the two girls. As much as she wanted to avoid the Mikaelson clan, she knew she couldn't for long. Some people were just drawn to each other.

"Rebekah," she drawled. The Original vampire almost gasped in surprise, but kept herself together. The Mexican hybrid smirked at her reaction, leaning against one of the lockers. She continued, almost as if she were taunting the girl. "Hasta tus viejos trucos de nuevo, I see. I heard Klaus kept you in a coffin for almost a century and brought you back when he decided he needed a family."