15.

Distractions Galore

REBEKAH MIKAELSON WALKED INTO HER MANSION, shoes in hand

REBEKAH MIKAELSON WALKED INTO HER MANSION, shoes in hand. She was wearing the green dress she wore the night before, her hair messily brushed combed through with her fingers. She prepared herself for the judgmental comments that would be thrown at her the second she was in front of her siblings and Alaska. Although she was friends with the Rose-frenemies more like-she didn't understand why she hung around the Mikaelsons. Why couldn't she just hang around the Gilbert girl and her friends?

Still, she was welcomed with open arms. Ever since Esther took her in as her own the girl was a Mikaelson. Not by blood, but by choice.

"Well, well, well, there's our girl," Kol cheered as soon as Rebekah walked into the Mikaelson (and Rose) mansion. "Out all night. What a scandal. I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?"

Alaska scrunched her nose up, dropping the book she was reading in her lap. She tilted her head towards Rebekah, finally catching sight of her disheveled state. "Funny. I didn't take you for what Kol calls a strumpet."

"'Pride and Prejudice,' remarkable choice for what you call a bitch," Kol said as he took the book from Alaska's hands and sat on her lap. She sent him a glare and he cowered, sarcastically squeaking out a, "Don't hurt me."

"Get off of me, rat."

He smirked, squeezing them next to each other on the small sofa. "I'm bored. I need entertainment. Let's go get a drink, Alaska. You can come too, Nik. It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart."

"Yes, please go, this house has enough wankers rolling around in it."

"Just like you, Rebekah!"

The blonde Original took the heels from her hand and threw them at Alaska, who giggled childishly and moved alongside the two brothers to the grill. The three were soon at the Mystic Grill, arriving late due to an argument between Kol and Alaska as to whether O Negative or AB Positive was the better choice. Klaus quickly derailed the conversation with a threat that neither one of them took seriously and continued their banter.

They argued even when they got at the bar. Kol had gotten Scotch and Alaska scolded him, saying bourbon was better. The two then went on a debate as to which one was the better choice, ending with Alaska winning due to a dart she threw into his upper arm.

Elena and Caroline then walked into the bar, Kol recognizing them immediately. His words were slurred, him being the lightweight of the three. "I remember them from last night. They look like tasty little things. Especially that Elena girl-I always knew Alaska was fond of the easy ones."

"If the name Elena leaves your lips one more time I will pull your tongue out."

Klaus greeted Caroline and they chatted whilst Elena went to greet Alaska. She raised an eyebrow, knowing the doppelgänger was there to distract her. While the two Mikaelsons were busy getting drunk, she heard Alaric speak to Damon who spoke of two distractions. When Elena and Caroline approached them, she assumed they were to distract them.

What were they to distract them from? Alaska still didn't know the answer to that question as she continued to speak to Elena. She then grabbed her arm and pulled the human closer to her, whispering in her ear as she tapped on the bar, making sure the three vampires standing next to her didn't hear what she said next.

"I know you're here to distract me. What I don't get is from what. Maybe you could help clear that up for me, Gilbert."

Elena took in a shaky breath. She watched Klaus storm after Caroline and ignored her friend's question. She felt terrible for betraying her, but knew it had to be done in order to gain back the trust of the Salvatore brothers after leaving them at the party for Alaska. What the Rose witch didn't know was that Esther was planning to kill them all that night, and all she needed was for the Originals to be clueless as to what she was planning.

Elena kept up the act until Alaska clutched onto her chest in pain. She looked over and saw that Kol had been daggered by none other than the history teacher who was secretly a vampire hunter. She growled in annoyance and held onto Elena's shoulder, digging her nails and breaking the skin.

The doppelgänger cried out in pain, her heart breaking in two at the look of anger on Alaska's face. She derived a conclusion and scoffed, tightening her grip on the human. "You know what? I actually thought we were friends. I thought that after telling you about my struggles in the past you'd trust me. Guess I was wrong."

She sped away from the wounded doppelgänger and went to where the three men had taken Kol. Klaus beat her to it, throwing Stefan to the ground and undaggering his brother. Alaska took Kol from the floor, putting his head in her lap as she watched her friend confront Damon. Elijah joined the vampires and informed Klaus about his mother's plan to kill them all that night.

Impatiently, Alaska bit into her wrist and fed Kol her blood, springing him back to life. She and the rest of the vampires sped to where Esther was planning to finish the spell outside of the old witch house. As the brothers neared the pentagram, Alaska felt herself get pushed back by some of the old witch spirits.

"You three go ahead," she said, confused as to why she wasn't welcome. "Parece que las brujas me han traicionado."

She missed most of the conversation between the three brothers and their mother, struggling to fight off the old spirits. She ignored the fact that Finn had also betrayed her and sided with his sociopathic mother as she fended off the spirits. She muttered incoherently to herself as she tried her best to get rid of them. Her ears perked up at the sound of Esther speaking.

"For a thousand years, I've been forced to watch you, felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood. Even Alondra, who wanted so bad to convince me that she enjoyed having the inability to have children as a vampire, that she enjoyed having to feel the agony of ripping her own heart out just so she could live on. And even you, Elijah, with your claim to nobility-you're no better. All of you, you're a curse on this earth stretched out over generations. If you've come to plead for your life . . . I'm sorry. You've wasted your time."

Alaska growled, finally able to join the brothers. "You bitch."

"Name-calling will do you no good, my dear Alondra. No matter what, you are set to die."

Alaska felt her tether to Abby Bennett tear and knew that she had been turned into a vampire. She hung her head out of respect and chanted a short spell under her breath. When she looked up, Esther and Finn were gone.

With a curt nod in Elijah's direction she went to join Elena outside of the Gilbert residence. Before she could unlock the door, Alaska stopped her by grabbing onto her wrist.

"I'm sorry for hurting your shoulder," she said, realizing that the wounds had healed. She assumed Rebekah fed Elena her blood and still wanted to apologize for causing her pain. "I was just angry that you lied to me."

"No, I understand," Elena interrupted her with a knowing smile. She took her hand in hers and stated, "I admire that about you. The way you're willing to hurt anyone no matter who they are to you in order to save your family. I admit, it scares me sometimes, but it's admirable."

By the time she was finished the two girls had gotten closer. Not just emotionally, but physically as well. Elena bit her lip in nervousness. She'd noticed that, no matter what the situation, she would always feel nervous around Alaska. At first she shook it off as something that came with the presence of the most powerful supernatural creature in the world, but soon realized it was because of the feelings she hadn't acted upon.

"Oh, screw it."