13.

The Dinner (Cont'd)

KOL WAS THE FIRST TO EMERGE FROM THE SHADOWS

KOL WAS THE FIRST TO EMERGE FROM THE SHADOWS. To say that Klaus was surprised was an understatement. He hadn't imagined meeting his brother once again until a long time passed. His eyes filled with tears for his family.

"Kol."

"Long time, brother," said the vampire.

He started backing up, not believing the scene set in front of him. Then Finn sped to him, ignoring his pleas as he picked up the dagger that was used to keep him confined in the coffin for nine centuries. The dagger in his hand was thrust forward as he pierced it through his brother's palm, taking pride in the fact that he cried out in pain.

Alaska shook her head in remorse. She hated seeing her friend in pain. No matter what, she would always be by his side. Always and forever meant a lot to the oldest hybrid, and she wasn't going to stray from the promise.

Klaus turned and went to run away but was confronted by his sister. She wore the red dress she'd chosen for the homecoming she was cheated out of by the doppelgänger. Taking her dagger, she stabbed him in the abdomen.

"This is for our mother."

Alaska then walked into the room, ignoring the fearful looks from the Salvatore brothers. This gave Rebekah the chance to take her dagger and puncture her chest; illustrating for her the pain she felt when she was daggered on the night of the homecoming.

"Don't think I forgot about you," Rebekah said with a glare.

The witch groaned in pain, sighing in relief when the blonde vampire pulled it out. By then Elijah had dismissed the Salvatore brothers and the six stood in the dining room. A glare was set on the female hybrid as she held onto her chest in pain. She still stood by Klaus, the man placing his arm around her shoulders when she'd fully healed.

"I like what you two have done with the new place, Nik, Alaska. I'm impressed," Rebekah said as she took in the details of the mansion. She took a clear, glass vase from the desk next to her and threw it into a painting.

"Hey! That was my favorite vase."

Finn chuckled at his best-and only-friend's comment. She always did know how to lighten the mood. However, the happy mood between this family was tarnished when they were turned into vampires by Alaska and their mother.

"I wanted it to be for all of us," Klaus said in tears. Alaska rubbed his back softly, comforting him in his state. "A place we could all call home; a place we could all be a family. None of us would ever be alone again."

"Well, you're right, none of us will be," said Elijah.

Finn then joined in, a glass of red wine in his hand, "You're staying behind."

"We're leaving you, Nik," in came the voice of the blonde vampire. She sent a smirk Alaska's way, knowing of the way she cared for the human she mentioned next. "Right after I kill that doppelgänger wench. And you will be alone. Always and forever."

Alaska snarled at the vampire at her mention of Elena. She wouldn't let any harm come to her. She took a deep breath, trying to calm down.

"That's where you're wrong, Rebekah. Niklaus will never be alone-not as long as I am breathing. You all may take always and forever for granted and plan to leave him, but don't ever say that he is alone. We have nothing to fear from any of you."

Elijah put his hands in his pockets. His next words were precise and chosen carefully to make sure he'd strike a nerve in the two hybrids. And he succeeded. "You will when we have that coffin."

The door unexpectedly opened and in walked Esther. The Mikaelsons were all surprised to see their mother-all of them except for Alaska, of course. She was simply counting down the seconds until her old friend would enter the house. Since the others weren't witches, she was the only one able to sense the aura of the Original witch standing outside of the house.

Esther approached the two hybrids, sending a grateful look towards Alaska. She clasped their hands together in a way to show how appreciative she was of her. "Thank you, Alondra. Your Grimoire is with the Bennett witch."

"You knew she was alive, you little bit-"

"As for the two of you. . ." Esther let go of the girl's hands and looked at the two with hidden disappointment. She was a mother-all she wanted was the lives of her children to be filled with joy and happiness. The same went for her feelings towards her old friend. And Alaska understood. "Do you know why I am here?"

"You're here to kill me-kill us," said the male. The tears of shame had escaped his eyes by then and he was in an overly emotional state he could not put into words.

"Niklaus, you are my son. Alondra, you are like a sister to me. And I am here to forgive you. I want us to be a family again."

Bullshit, Alaska thought once the last sentence left her lips. She knew Esther well, and she knew the witch wouldn't let her children roam around the world as vampires. She also knew that she thought she was doing it all for their own good.

This was the only family Alaska had, and she just hoped it wouldn't all go down in flames.