Epilogue.

Alondra 'Alaska' Rose

ENDINGS. Not all are bad; not all are good. Many people, I suppose, have heard the term 'when a door closes, another opens' at least once in their lives. Where one story ends, another is just waiting to begin. Some are never-ending, yet everything has to end. Then again, how can something end when it never started? It is a riddle for the mind I have not solved quite yet.

   Although I have not solved this riddle, I assume Alondra 'Alaska' Rose has. With immortality came never-ending pain; with never-ending pain came never-ending happiness. Somewhere along the lines she had to have solved it. In a truly immortal life, when exactly does it end? Perhaps Niklaus Mikaelson followed after, learning that with a never-ending life, there were never-ending possibilities. We shouldn't consider it much of a life, anyways—they're dead, for Pete's sake.

   For now, the end is simply the beginning of a much better, never-ending tale. Still, however amazing a story can be, it is all the more painful. Hearts break at the sound of love and drop when the love leaves. When does it begin to make sense? The answer is never—it never makes sense. After all, when the rest of the world awaits you, you have no limits. Problems will pass you by, but being with your loved ones instead of pushing them away will get you through.

   I hope Alaska knows this.