Chapter 17 : A Year later

It has been a year since prince was born and to day is his birthday. And we are all sitting at the table. We were all laughing and I was smiling, until Debbie walked in.

I was sitting between aunt Janet and aunt Latoya. Daddy was sitting in front of aunt Janet and prince was in front of me. The smile on my face disappeared. She sat down on the other side of prince, no one noticed her but daddy, Janet,latoya, and me. I was giving Debbie the evil eye. Daddy snapped me out of it when he said that I would be recording a song.

After that I went back to looking at Debbie. " sistor" prince said. "His first words were sister!" Daddy said, just then Debbie said said she was pregnant with a girl. "Sistor!" He said again pointing at me. "I'm not your sister." I said quietly. Prince said it again "Sistor." My hair started to stand up and turn red. " I AM NOT YOUR SISTER!!!" I was yelling at prince and then I floated up to my room and slammed the door. I could hear prince crying and daddy calling my name.

Daddy came running into my room. I could see the anger in his eyes. "WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS? WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE HAPPY?!?"
"WHY, WHY!!! DO YOU EVEN KNOW ME?!? DO YOU KNOW WHAT I GO THROUGH EVERYDAY. PRINCE IS YOUR KID NOT ME!!"

"No Isabella you are my child you will always be my child. Just because you were adopted doesn't mean anything. I love you no matter what." He hugged and kissed my forehead.

We went back downstairs and I went over to prince who was in Debbie's hands. I will never like Debbie no matter how much daddy wants me to. I took prince out of Debbie's hands and carried hum around with me. "Prince I'm sorry that I yelled at you." I knew prince probably didn't understand, but he shook his head and said "Sistor" and through his arms around my neck.