Chapter 5

D.J. smiled at me as we turned onto the highway. Awww. That is the cutest smile.

"So," I started. "Where are we going?"

D.J. winked at me. "It's a surprise."

My heart stopped in my chest for a second. "Wait. You're not a serial killer are you?"

"No." D.J. laughed. "Do I really give off that kind of vibe?"

I looked at him sideways. "Did you really just use the word vibe?"

"Yeah. You gotta problem with it?" D.J. asked.

I shrugged. "I guess not."

We drove for about ten more minutes before D.J. pulled over on the side of the road.

He got out of the jeep and started walking towards the woods we had parked next to. I sat in the car watching him.

D.J. turned back to look at me. "Are you coming?"

"Um." I stalled. "I don't think this is the best idea."

"What's wrong? Don't trust me?" D.J. raised an eyebrow at me.

I gave him a look. "Of course I don't trust you. I just met you."

"Oh well, I guess you're just gonna miss out." D.J. turned around and started walking.

I opened my door. "Wait!" I hopped down out of the jeep.

D.J. turned around and smirked. "Come on."

I ran over to catch up with him. "So, do I get to know where we're going yet?"

"You really need to learn how to be more patient."

I rolled my eyes. "So I've been told."

I followed D.J. into the woods. I wasn't sure how long we had been walking when we popped out of the trees. We walked out into a clearing. There was a chain-link fence surrounding a glowing blue in-ground pool.

I looked at D.J. He put his hands into a bowl and looked at me to jump over the fence. "Come on."

I scoffed. "Seriously?"

D.J. shrugged. "Fine." D.J. grabbed the top of the fence, placed his feet, and climbed over the fence. He jumped over the fence and gave me a daring look.

I jumped up and grabbed the top of the fence and pulled myself up. I placed my feet in the links and pushed my body up. I flipped over the top of the fence and let myself fall to the ground. I landed on my feet and turned around. D.J. looked impressed.

He nodded. "Pretty good for a girl."

My mouth dropped. "Seriously? What is it, 1947?"

D.J. just smirked.

D.J. walked over to me and got dangerously close to my face. Staring into my eyes, D.J. tugged at the bottom of his shirt. He pulled it over his stomach and up over his head. D.J. threw his shirt on the pool deck. Then he backed up. "Like what you see?"

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Most defiantly."

D.J. loosened his belt and threw it to the side. His jeans followed suit. D.J. turned around and jumped in the water.

When he resurfaced he started treading water. He shook his head to get the water off. "Okay. Your turn."

I giggled. "Are we really doing this? Who's pool is this anyway?"

"Of course we're really doing this. Unless you're nervous." D.J. teased. "It's a staff pool."

"Staff pool?" I questioned.

"Yeah only the workers at Frankie's can come here." Frankie's was a restaurant in the next town over.

"How do you know about this?" I asked.

"Get in and I'll tell you."

"Fine." I grabbed the bottom of my T-shirt and tugged it over my head in one swift motion. I fumbled with the button on my jeans and stripped out of those too. I tripped over my jean legs and landed on my butt. "Ouch." I said rubbing my leg.

I stood up and ran. I hit the water with an icy splash. I came up shivering.

I swam breast-stroke over to where D.J. was treading water. "So, tell me how you knew about this place."

D.J. leaned in like he was going to tell me a secret. "My dad owns Frankie's." He whispered.

I looked at him in shock and hit him in the chest. "Are you freaking kidding me? Why did you make such a show of sneaking in here?"

"I didn't make a show of it. I just did what I normally do."

"You don't normally just walk in the front gate?" I asked.

"No. My dad doesn't really want me in here." He admitted.

"Why not?"

"That's another conversation for another time." D.J. trailed off.

D.J. splashed me before I could say anything else. I splashed him back and was caught in-between a fit of anger and a fit of giggles when we both heard a voice and stopped dead in our tracks. "Eh, D.J.!" Someone walked up laughing. Out of the darkness stepped a muscular guy with dark brown hair holding the hand of a blonde chick.

"Hey, Seth."

"So, who's the beauty?" He asked. The blonde chick hit him in the chest.

"Be careful, Seth, you're pissing off Corina." D.J. laughed.

I looked at D.J. questionably.

Seth and Corina both started to pull themselves over the fence.

"They're old friends." He explained.

I nodded.

"She's kinda quiet D.J." Seth said removing his shirt. "Not your usual type at all." He chuckled.

Corina was in the process of losing her skirt, but unlike me she had thought ahead and had a bikini on underneath. "Ignore him." She said. "He's an idiot." Corina jumped in the pool.

Seth jumped in right after her. They came up wrestling with each other.

D.J. grabbed me around the waist and pulled me closer to him. I gave him a look. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm being super sexy." He smiled. I warped my arms around his neck.

"You are hilarious." I said sarcastically.

"You know you like it." He said.

"Maybe I do." I teased.

"There's no maybe about it." D.J. smirked.

D.J. pressed even closer to me. I could feel his breath of my face. I opened my mouth to say something but D.J. cut me off. D.J. pressed his lips against mine and kissed me.

When we broke apart Seth and Corina were both staring at us.

I shook my head. "Yeah." I whispered. "There's no maybe about it."