Chapter 9

I pulled up into the gravel. I looked at the looming water tower. It was 7:59. D.J. should be here any second.

"Hey, babe!" I heard a voice from above me.

I looked up. D.J. was leaning over the railing of the water tower looking at me. "What are you doing up there?" I yelled.

I heard him chuckle. "Just come on up."

I shook my head.

"Come on, T. Don't be a party pooper." D.J. shouted down to me.

"No, DJ." I said shaking my head. "I-I- I really can't."

I watched as D.J. started to climb down. He met me next to the fence and hopped over.

"First of all," he said. "Let's go park your car somewhere else."

We both got in the car and D.J. showed me an old parking lot where his jeep and another little car were parked. We left the car there and went back to the tower.

"Okay," D.J. started. "Now we have to get you over this fence. I don't think you'll have a problem with that." D.J. looked back at my butt and winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. I grabbed the top of the fence and wiggled my hips trying to pull myself up onto the fence. I got a good foothold and pushed myself up. I threw my body over the top of the fence and tried to drop down. My shirt got hooked on the fence about half way down. My top came up to my boobs and the fence scratched my stomach. "Ouch!" I whispered trying not to cry.

D.J. hopped over the fence quickly. "Are you okay?" He asked. He looked at a spot of blood on my shirt.

D.J. stepped over to me and lifted my shirt. "Does it hurt?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah."

D.J. leaned closer and kissed me. "Does it still hurt." He whispered as he pulled away.

"Yeah." I whimpered.

D.J. frowned for a second and then smiled. "Here," he said pulling his shirt over his head. D.J. reached down and cleaned the cut with his shirt. He threw it back over the fence when he was done.

"Now come on." He motioned.

D.J. led me over to the light blue ladder. I looked up and swallowed. "It's so high." I mumbled.

"I'll be right behind you." D.J. whispered in my ear.

I took a deep breath and stepped up on the first step. I took another and another until I was too scared to look down. I stopped to let my heartbeat settle a little bit.

"Come on, T." I heard D.J. behind me. "You'll be fine."

I kept climbing and pretty soon we were at the top. I sat on the platform at the top and pulled myself up. I stood up and looked off of the railing. "Wow." I whispered. "It's beautiful up here."

D.J. winked. "Well, duh."

I heard two voices and looked down.

Corina looked up and waved. "Hey." She waved.

"Hey, you brang the pretty one!" Seth yelled from beside her. I smiled. Seth was carrying a paper bag.

They both started up the ladder.

I turned to D.J. and raised an eyebrow. "The pretty one?" I questioned.

D.J. shrugged and I punched him in the arm. He grabbed me around the waist and kissed me. "Yeah, you're definitely the pretty one."

D.J. was always so much more relaxed with these two around.

Corina hopped up on the platform next to us. "I never actually caught your name last time." Corina admitted.