Chapter 11

I woke up in shock. I felt a hand shaking me to wake up. I grabbed the persons arm and twisted it.

"Um, ow." I looked up and saw D.J.

"Oh my gosh. I'm sorry!" I said quickly letting go. "I forgot you were here."

"Yeah. I kinda got that." D.J. chuckled.

"What time is it?" I pushed my hair out of my face and looked around my room.

"It's 7:30." D.J. answered me.

"Oh, good." I stood up and walked over to my mirror. I grabbed a brush and quickly yanked it through my hair, tossing it into a ponytail.

I turned and walked out of my room and into the kitchen. I poured the leftover coffee into a mug, tossed in my two scoops of sugar and French vanilla creamer into the mix and started for the door. "Are you coming?" I called.

D.J. jogged into my living room running his fingers through his disheveled hair. "Yeah." He huffed. "I'm coming."

I climbed into my car and D.J. hopped into his jeep. I started the car and pulled out of the driveway. I saw D.J. pull out behind me in my side mirror. He saw me looking at him and winked. I looked away and blushed. Jee, crap, I had only known this kid for a week. How cocky could one person be?

I pulled out onto the road and sped up to match traffic. I coasted along until I reached the turn for the school. I turned my turn signal on and started to turn. Just then, D.J.'s jeep sped up, pulled out in front of me and cut me off. I hit my brakes and then my horn. "What the hell?!"

I turned into the parking lot and pulled into the parking spot next to D.J. I tossed my door open and jumped out of my seat. "Hey, Asshole!" I grabbed his wrist before he could walk away.

"Huh?" D.J. smirked. "Why so hostile?"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I shouted. "What the hell was that all about?" I motioned towards the entrance.

"Oh, what you didn't like racing?" D.J. cocked his head at me.

"You could have killed me." I let go of his wrist.

"You thought it was cute."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I walked back around the car and slammed my door.

I turned around and jumped. I put my hand on D.J.'s chest and pushed him back. D.J. stood up a little straighter and pushed me up against the car. I looked up at him and he bent down and kissed me.

"Okay." I said. "Where did that come from?"

D.J. smiled at me smugly, winked, turned around and walked into the school.  I rolled my eyes and followed him.

*********************

"Hey." I saw Alex's perky brown ponytail bouncing up behind me. I shut my locker and turned around.

I smiled. "Hey."

Alex gave me a questioning look. "Why are you so happy?"

"What? I need an reason to be happy today?" I rolled my eyes. I knew what she was talking about. I was usually a total bitch in the mornings.

"Uh, duh." Alex laughed. "Now spill. It's not about last night is it?"

I shook my head and filled Alex in on the mornings events. "So," ended my story as we turned the corner to class. "Despite being hungover and a little fuzzy about the car incident, I've had a great morning."

"Aww, how cute." Alex teased. I bumped her.

"Shut up."

"But," Alex started. "I do have to admit, this kid is such a confident asshole."

"Yeah." I smiled.

We walked into class to our shared desk at the back. There were only a couple of people in the class room: a quiet girl that I didn't know and two guys goofing off in the front corner. I set my coffee mug on the edge of our desk and set my books down. We had a couple of minutes to blow so we sat and talked. "So," I asked. "How the hell did you get my car back to the house?"

Alex smiled. "You'll never know." She teased.

I glared at her.

Alex rolled her eyes back at me. "Nope."

"Fine."

Alex laughed. She grabbed my coffee mug and took a swig. "Okay," Alex held on to my coffee mug. "So, he just came over this morning, saw your dad was gone, and still climbed in the window?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I know I thought it was weird too."

"But it's kind of hot."

"I know." I smiled.

"Do you like him?" Alex asked setting my coffee mug in-between us on the desk.

I was quiet for a second. I shook my head. "I don't know for sure."

The bell rang and we all waited for our teacher. Ms. Crawford was usually late, but today she walked in on time. Alex pulled out a piece of paper and acted like she was getting ready to take notes. She scribbled something really fast and slid the paper over to me. I looked down and read it. 'So what about Seth?'

*********************