Chapter 8

Monday rolled around way sooner than I wanted it to. I walked in eight minutes to the bell as usual. Alex met me in front of my locker. 

"Where the heck have you been?!" She asked frantically. 

"Dude, chill." I said. "Nobody died."

Alex smiled and leaned up against my locker. "So, are you gonna tell me what happened with you and uhhmmmm?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Are you gonna tell me what happened with you and Cole?" I turned the question around on her. 

Alex blushed. "You first." 

I shook my head. 

Alex gasped. "You didn't?"

I shot her a look. "No you idiot. Don't you think I would tell you if that had happened?" 

Alex shrugged. "Maybe. Maybe not." 

The first bell rang. I turned to Alex, "I'll tell you later." I smiled. Alex nodded, smirked and walked away.

 ***************

The day dragged on slowly. It felt like forever until fifth hour rolled around. I didn't hurry to class like I usually did. I moseyed into class and set my stuff down. I went over to the paint station and picked up a brush. I went to work. 

The bell rang. D.J. lounged into class late. He walked over to the computer station and sat down at the Mac. He hadn't acknowledged me all day. Not even a look. 

I wasn't too worried about it. Maybe I was just looking to far into it. 

Apparently I was pretty into my painting because I didn't even notice when D.J. walked up and sat next to me. "Umhh." D.J. cleared his throat.

 I turned and looked at him. "Oh." I said. "Hi." 

"So what are you doing tonight?" D.J. asked. 

I shrugged. "I don't know. Why?"

"We're all meeting at the water tower tonight. Eight o'clock." D.J. got up and walked away leaving me sitting there dumbfounded. 

What the hell. Why does he always do this to me?

*****************

Alex was in my sixth hour World History class. We were paired up on a partner project. 

"Are you gonna go?" Alex whispered to me. 

"I don't know yet." I answered.

"Dude," She said. "You have got to go."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because," Alex giggled. "I have to know what happens."

I rolled my eyes. "My life doesn't revolve around you." 

Alex grinned. "We all know it does." 

I snorted.

"Really though," Alex said looking right in my eyes. "You should go."

******************

Authors note:

A big thanks to everyone that has been reading my story! I know the last couple of chapters have been kind of short AND boring, but I promise they're leading up to something big. :) 

Feel free to comment, vote, and share. I'll take any suggestions you guys have on how to take this story. 

Love you all,

Bethany <3