Chapter 16

I woke up tangled in a gray sheet using a familiar chest as a pillow. I felt D.J. stretch and start to wake up. I pretended I was still asleep. D.J. looked down, played with a piece of my hair, and kissed my head. I stretched my legs out and yawned.

"Morning, Princess." D.J. said.

"Morning." I smiled and looked up at him. I took a deep breath. "Do I smell coffee?"

"Yeah, Mom always makes a pot. Would you like some?" D.J. asked.

"Yeah," I said. "But I also just kinda wanna lay here for a while."

D.J. started to get up. "Here," he said. "I'll get it for you."

I grabbed his arm and pulled him to me. "Let me rephrase that." I said. "I want to just lay here for a while with you."

D.J. smiled and laid back down next to me. I twisted around so I was facing him and laid my head on his chest.

"Hey," D.J. joked. "You can give me my clothes back now." D.J. playfully grabbed the bottom of my shirt and pretended he was going to take it off.

I wrapped my arms around myself and laughed. "No!" D.J. put his hands on my waist under my shirt. We both got quiet and stared at each other. I leaned in and kissed him. One of his hands trailed up my back and pulled me closer, the other wrapped tighter around my waist. I warped my arms around his neck. I shivered when I felt D.J.'s hands hit the middle of my back. I pulled away slowly and looked at him.

"So," I whispered. "How about that coffee?"

D.J. pulled away, but still held onto my waist. He nodded. "Yeah, coffee, yeah okay." I untangled myself and climbed out of bed and stood up. D.J. climbed off and held my hand as he lead me down the hallway.

Gina was standing in the kitchen cooking something. "Hi kiddos!" She greeted. "How did you guys sleep?"

"Really well actually." I answered.

D.J. smiled at me. "Slept great, Mom." He answered.

"That's nice." Gina said. "Tenessa, Honey, would you like something to eat? I have bacon and eggs. I could make you a waffle if you want!"

I smiled. "No thank you, Gina. I'm not much of a breakfast person, but thanks for the offer."

D.J. walked over to the cabinet and pulled out two blue coffee cups. He set the cups on the table and poured the coffee. I watched as he did the rest.

"So, Tenessa. Where do your parents think you are?" Gina said jokingly.

"Each of them think I'm at the other ones house." I smiled.

"Divorced. Nice." Gina smiled. "D.J. there is breakfast on the stove. I have a meeting today so I have to get going." I looked at D.J.

He mouthed, "Mary Kay." To me when Gina wasn't looking. D.J. walked over and set my coffee cup in front of me. "Well Mom, I'll see you later."

Gina walked up and kissed him on the cheek. "Love you, bud."

"Love you too, Mom." D.J. said giving her a hug. I took a sip of coffee and smiled.

"Have a nice day guys." Gina turned at the door. "Oh, and it was wonderful meeting you, Tenessa. Don't be a stranger."

"Bye, Gina. You too!" I waved.

I heard the door slam and a car start.

"She loves you." D.J. said. He walked up to the other side of the breakfast bar. He took a sip of his coffee and I took a sip of mine.