Chapter 7

I pulled into the park parking lot and shut off my car. "Okay." I said turning to D.J. "Why are we here?""I told you." D.J. said in all seriousness. "We're eating breakfast."D.J. got out of the car and started walking towards the brick pavilion. I got out and followed him. As we got closer I heard voices. "Hey! D.J.!" I heard an older voice yell. An older man came up and wrapped his arms around D.J.'s shoulders stepping his on the back. "Hey, Uncle Chris." D.J. smiled. I stood behind them awkwardly. His Uncle turned around a little bit to see me. "Well," Chris said to me. "Come on Sweetheart. We don't bite." I followed them to a picnic table. There were people everywhere. I was guessing that this was a family function.D.J. got up and grabbed some paper plates. He walked over to me and handed me one of the plates. He walked towards the wooden picnic table where they had an asortment of different breakfast foods. I was still standing there watching him."Well?" D.J. looked over his shoulder and shrugged. "Are you coming or what?"I stood up and followed him. There was a ton of food at the table. I walked through the line and grabbed a waffle and two pieces of bacon.I looked at D.J.'s plate. It was piled high with bacon, three waffles, sausage, some scrambled eggs and a couple pieces of fruit. Wow. That was a lot of food. Fatty.D.J. turned and looked at my plate. He raised an eyebrow a me, "Is that all you're gonna eat?"I shrugged. "I'm not much of a breakfast person." D.J. turned around. "You're a cheap date." He mumbled. I smiled and then realized what he had said. "It's not a date." I said plainly. He turned to look at me. "Sure it's not, babe." D.J. winked at me. D.J. set his plate down back at the table and motioned for me to sit. I sat. D.J. sat across the table from me. I dug in. "So," I started. "Why does your family do breakfast instead..."I was cut off by a bouncy brunette squealing and wrapping her arms around D.J. The girl leaned up and kissed D.J. on the cheek. "Oh my gosh, D.J., where have you been!?" I looked at D.J. questioningly. "This is Allison." He said to me. D.J. turned and hugged her. I was still confused."My sister." He explained. I nodded."Hi!" Allison stuck her hand out. I shook it weakly. "I'm Tennessa." I nodded. "I know." Allison said. I gave D.J.  a curious look. He shook his head no. "I go to school with you." Allison explained, seeing the confusion. "Oh." I said. Allison set her plate down beside D.J.'s and started talking to us. Not soon after, D.J. and I were both finished and we got up to leave. "Well," I said to Allison. "It was nice to meet you." "You too." She waved. D.J. walked with me back to my car. I got in the drivers side and he walked around and leaned into my window. "You're not coming?" I asked. "Nah. I'm just gonna head home with Allison." We were quiet for a minute. "And my family does breakfast because that's all we know how to do.""What do you mean?" I asked. "That's literally all we can cook. I haven't eaten decent all food in years." D.J. answered.I laughed. "Well at least you have a good reason." "I'll see you later, Tennessa." D.J. said standing up."See ya, D.J." D.J. winked, stood up, and walked off.