Chapter 15

I laughed and playfully punched D.J.'s chest as we walked to out the theater. D.J. caught my hand, spun me around, and wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed my cheek and grabbed my hand. I swung my hand with his.

"Now do you really want to end the night already?" D.J. asked.

I shook my head. "Not really."

"I have an idea." D.J. pulled my door open and let me in.

I hopped in and he closed my door behind me. I buckled my seatbelt while he got in. We drove for about fifteen minutes and we pulled up to a familiar piece of woods.

"We're going swimming?" I questioned. We got out of the jeep and started on the little path.

"If you want to." D.J. smiled.

"I kinda do."

I jogged a little bit ahead of D.J. and started walking backwards. I put my hair back up in a ponytail. D.J. caught up to me and held my hands while I walked back. I looked over my shoulder and checked to make sure no one was at the pool. I smiled when I saw there wasn't anyone. I turned around and lifted myself over the fence. I looked at D.J. through the fencing. I grinned and stepped back. I pulled my shirt over my head and threw it on the pool deck. I cocked my head. "What?" I asked. "Like what you see."

D.J. nodded slowly looking me up and down. "Most definitely." He winked.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" I asked. "Get over here."

D.J. took off his jacket and tossed it over the fence. Then he grabbed the top of the fence and pulled himself over. D.J. walked over until he was really close to me. He looked into my eyes and pulled his shirt up over his head.

I chuckled and stepped back to yank off my shoes and jeans. I had a little trouble with the legs of my jeans so I sat on the ground and yanked them off. D.J. laughed at me. I took a running start and jumped in. D.J. pulled off his jeans and jumped in after me. He tried to swim over to me, but I swam away from him.

"Alright." D.J. said pretending to look hurt. "I see how it is."

I grabbed onto the side of the pool. "Don't be baby." I teased.

"Did you just call me a baby?" D.J. asked.

"Yeah." I answered. "Whatcha gonna go about it?"

D.J. disappeared under the water. I started freaking out because I couldn't see him. All of a sudden I felt someone grab me around the waist. I yelped. D.J. pulled me under the water and dunked me. I rose to the surface coughing. D.J. grabbed me and helped me to the side. "Are you alright?" D.J. asked. "I didn't mean to drown you."

"Yeah." I said coughing. Then I smiled. "But payback's a mother." I jumped on him and pushed his head down. My attempt wasn't as successful as I expected. He didn't go down very far.

"What was that?" D.J. laughed at me.

"I was trying to dunk you back." I pouted.

"Hey, let me show you something." D.J. said. "Grab onto my neck and hold your breath."

"Okay." I climbed on D.J.'s back and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Ready?" D.J. asked. I nodded. "One, two, three." D.J. took a deep breath and sank under the water. He swam the entire length of the pool before we came up.

We surfaced and I took in a huge gulp of air. "That was awesome." I said. We both held onto the edge of the pool breathing heavily. "This was a stupid idea." I whispered.

"Why's that?" D.J. asked.

"Because I'm freezing." I admitted. "But I don't want to put on my clothes with wet underwear."