Blackout

AN:
I thought this would be fun since Gillian is apparently obsessed with Radiohead.
If you want to listen to Creep while reading this to set the mood, there it is ;)
https://www.youtubecom/watch?v=HV26YJWUQNI
Also I realize the rhythm and timing with my writing might be a little sow, or strange, but hey, no one's perfect right? ;P

-----------------------------------------------------

They were cuddling on Scully's couch. "The Exorcist" was playing on her TV, but neither of them was really paying much attention. They had gotten lost looking into each other's eyes. She was laying on top of him, and she propped herself up to get a better look at him. Her lips was an inch away from his, and her hair tickled the edges of his face.

"I'm so happy."

She let herself fall down onto him again, and he gently stroked the curves of her back.

"Me t-"

Suddenly, they heard a loud zapping noise, and were plunged in obscurity.

"Scully?"
"Yeah?"
"What the hell?"
"I think the power went out."

The power must have gone out for everyone else too, because it was pitch black. Scully started to get up, when Mulder grabbed her wrist.

"Where are you going?"
"To get some candles."
"I'll go with you."

They both stood up and fumbled around in the darkness, holding each other's hands for support. Scully led him to where she thought her drawer full of candles was and opened it. It was, indeed, the right drawer. And suddenly, they could see again. She was holding a match, lighting as many candles as possible. Mulder was a little confused as to why she had so many, but didn't bother to ask. Once they were all lit, they placed them all around Scully's living room. Mulder put the last one down at the foot of the couch, then sat back down.

"Well, that was time-consuming."

But Scully didn't answer him, instead, she walked over to her battery-operated turn-table and put on her favorite Radiohead record, skipping the needle to "Creep".

"You like Radiohead?"
"Of course."

When you were here before
Couldn't look you in the eye

She danced a little in the dim candlelight.

You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry

She extended her hand out to Mulder.

"Dance with me."

You float like a feather
In a beautiful world
I wish I was special
You're so fucking special

His hands rested gently on her hips and her fingers intertwined at the back of his neck. She sang as he twirled her around :

"But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo.
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here."

She tilted her head up at him, and they were lost in each other's eyes all over again. They moved closer, until their lips were touching. Mulder's fingers pushed up the hem of her shirt, and soon it was on the floor.

I don't care if it hurts
I want to have control

She moved her hands to his back and in a second, his shirt was lying next to hers, along with their pants.

I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul

They danced in their underwear, softly whispering the lyrics of the song into each other's ears.

"I want you to notice
When I'm not around."

Scully snaked her arms around his neck and he pulled her off the ground and into his arms.

You're so fucking special
I wish I was special

She planted wet kisses on his neck, almost sighing the words to the song.

"But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo.
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here."

He cradled her in his arms, their lips locking permanently.

She's running out the door
She's running
She run, run

She pushed him away briefly to smile at him.

Run

He smiled back.

Run

And they collapsed onto the couch, a tangled mess of arms and legs.

Run

He moved to kiss her again, but his eyes were like a trap, instantly pulling her in.

Whatever makes you happy
Whatever you want

And when he looked into hers, he froze, unable to move.

You're so fucking special
I wish I was special

So, they found themselves lost in each other's gaze once more.

But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?

"I love you."

I don't belong here
I don't belong here...

"Me too."