Announcement

AN: I'm going to try and make less chapters to do with William, but I just really like writing about him ok!!!

Mulder ran into the hospital. He was in Oregon when he got the news that Scully had collapsed. He didn't even care about the case anymore, he just wanted her to be okay.

"Where is she?"
"I'm sorry who?"
"Dana Katherine Scully."

The nurse flipped through some files, then nodded. "Room 203."

Mulder ran up the stairs as quickly as he could, he didn't even bother taking the elevator. When he reached her room, he burst through the door, half expecting there to be a crowd around her. He was glad that there wasn't. She was sleeping, a peaceful look on her face. Relief flooded over him; everything seemed to be okay. He walked over to her and sat in the chair next to the hospital bed. Scully stirred slightly as he took her hand in his and pressed it to his lips, then her eyes fluttered open.

"Oh, hi."
"Hi."
"I thought you were in Oregon."
"I was, but I wanted to make sure you were okay."
"You didn't have to come all the way out here for me..."
"It wasn't all for you, it was for me too."

Then he hastily added, "I can't stand being away from you."

She chuckled and sat up a little. "Me neither."

They stayed hand in hand, looking into each other's eyes for a long time. Neither of them wanted to go back to reality. They just wanted to freeze time and stay together forever.

Finally, Mulder broke the silence, "So, did you find out what caused this?"

"I was with The Lone Gunmen, when I realized that you were in danger. I felt so overwhelmed, I collapsed. It was just stress. I feel fine now, though. I'm just happy that they got to you before anything happened."
"You know that that's not what I mean."
"What do you mean?"
"Scully, it wasn't just today. It's been this whole week. Something's been going on with you, and I get it if you don't want to tell me, but at least acknowledge it."
"You're right."

Scully had subconsciously been avoiding this. She didn't know why, she just was; but she couldn't any longer. So she straightened her posture and gripped Mulder's hand tightly. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes, but she blinked them away. "Mulder."

"I'm listening."
"This may be hard to believe, or even understand. I can't begin to comprehend it, all I know is... it's a miracle, Mulder."
"What? What's a miracle?"
"Fox... I'm pregnant."

Mulder's eyes widened. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Scully looked up at him, tears falling onto her cheeks. She shook her head slowly.

"Scully I- wow. I mean, I can't-"

He couldn't even find the words to express himself, so instead he slowly pulled down the cotton sheets, then gingerly placed his hand on her stomach. Tears drew wet lines down his face as he smiled. "There's a baby in there."

Scully laughed, pulling him into a warm embrace. Her lips found their way to his forehead and she whispered. "Yeah. Our baby, Mulder. And we'll all stay together until the very end. Don't leave us again; okay?"

He looked into her glossy eyes. "Okay."