Imaginary

AN: Sorry I've been taking so very long to update!!!!
Life has been keeping me busy.
Anyways, enjoy the new chapter!
---
His lips were an inch away from hers. She had her arms around his neck, pulling him closer and closer. They closed their eyes and their lips touched in a violent mix of passion and frustration. He moaned her name over and over again.

"Scully....."

They fell backwards onto his desk, making papers fall onto the floor.

"Scully!"

His voice kept getting louder and louder, until he was practically shouting.

"Scully!!!!"

She jolted up from the desk to see an angry Mulder glaring down at her.

"Huh?"
"Were you even listening to me?"
"Um... no."
"Typical."

Mulder sighed, slumping back down in his chair. Scully pressed her knuckles to her lips. This had gone too far. She was blurring the lines between fantasy and reality, and that wasn't a good sign. It was becoming harder and harder not to think about him like this. She had pushed her feelings away for so long, but they were persistent as ever.

She looked over at Mulder. Bad idea. The way his lips were parted ever so slightly, the way his hair fell around his chiseled face like a soft cloud, made her drool. She couldn't resist reaching over to touch him. "I'm sorry."

As soon as her palm touched him thigh, she regretted putting it there. The way he flinched at her touch sent shivers down her spine, and like a drug, she instantly wanted more.

"It's fine. I just feel like sometimes, you don't take me seriously."
"Oh, don't say that."

Scully moved her other hand to his cheek, and sat down on his knee. Mulder raised his eyebrows at her, but when he caught her gaze, he was surprised to feel redness creep into his cheeks. She giggled, looking away. "What is it?"

He cleared his throat, suddenly wanting nothing more than for her to get off his lap.

"Nothing."

He was about to stand up, but she pressed a firm hand to his chest, leaning in to whisper in his ear, "Mulder... You know, I've been thinking lately."

His throat felt unusually tight, and when he spoke, it came out sounding more like a squeal. "About what?"

She pressed her lips to his ear, and he could feel her smiling. "About you."

Suddenly, the discomfort was gone, replaced with desire; and he turned his head to meet her lips. They squirmed awkwardly in his office chair for a while, murmuring nonsense like: "We should really get back to work." or "What if someone finds us?"

But they didn't stop for a second.
And this time... it wasn't imaginary.