Deal

"No, absolutely not."
"Come onnnnn," Mulder groaned,"You know I can't do this without you."

Mulder had been trying to convince Scully to go investigate a so-called UFO sighting in Ohio. She wasn't buying it.

"When's the last time you went for an eye exam Mulder? That is obviously not a UFO!"

Mulder squinted at the picture he was holding in his hand. Even to him it didn't really look extraterrestrial, but he still wanted to investigate. "Ok, even if it isn't, don't you want to find out what it is?"

"Not really."

Mulder sighed, swiveling in his black chair. "Alright then we'll just stay here. Doing nothing all day."

Scully pouted, she didn't want to do nothing all day. They both sat in awkward silence for a moment before Mulder said, "Alright, how about this. You come with me to Ohio and while we're there I book you a super fancy hotel room for the night. You can order whatever you want."

Scully pursed her lips together, trying not to smile. She thought about it for a moment.

"C'mon Scully..... Deal?" 

Scully laughed, getting up out of her seat and putting on her coat. "Okay Mulder, deal."

--after the investigation--

"See, Mulder, I told you it wasn't a UFO!"
"Yeah yeah. Whatever."

Scully laughed, squeezing Mulder's arm playfully. "Hey, maybe if you're nice I'll let you partake of the various liquor in the mini bar of that hotel room you promised me hmm?"

Mulder raised his eyebrows, giving Scully one of her famous "are you suggesting?" looks but ended up laughing as well. He nodded as they walked into the Ritz Carlton.

Mulder booked their room as Scully admired the beautiful lobby. When he was done he turned to grab her hand but she shot him a skeptical look. "Mulder.. Are you sure you can afford this?"

Mulder nodded, pulling her into the elevator and up to the top floor. They walked down the hall, giggling and fumbling about. When they found the room Mulder unlocked it and they both let out a gasp. 

"Oh.... Mulder this is-"

But Mulder put a finger to her lips before she could finish, pulling her in close to him.

"Mulder?"

He had waiting so fucking long for the perfect moment, and finally, here it was. Mulder smiled gently, his arms wrapped around Scully's waist. At first she seemed startled, but then she smiled too, leaning in closer to him. "So, this was your plan all along, huh?" 

At this Mulder laughed, nodding. Scully giggled. "Clever, Mulder. Real Clever."

When they both stopped laughing they stared into each other's eyes for a moment, leaning closer and closer until their lips touched. They made out in the entrance to the room with the door still open, proceeding to get drunk off the mini bar and have sloppy sex on the carpeted floors. 

It was the first of many perfect nights to come.