Honesty

AN: Bc I just had to do a Gillovny chapter after the beautiful pictures released on Saturday.

"You're aware of what they're saying about us, right?"

He looked down at her. They were sitting on her couch and watching the kids play outside. She blushed slightly, twirling a strand of hair around her fingers. "Yeah. What about it?"

"Nothing. Just..."
"Just what?"

Now he was blushing too, just as nervous as she was. They both knew where this was going, but neither of them wanted to say it.

"Just... well... do you think-"
"No. Of course not."

Gillian knew what he was going to ask, but she needed to cut him off before he said it. If she actually heard him say it, she might confess. She couldn't do that. She just couldn't. David, on the contrary, wanted to hear her say it. He needed to hear her say it.

Of course, he should've known she wouldn't let herself confess. So instead he shut up and stared at the ground in disappointment.

"Do you?"

She was worried that she had hurt him, so she spoke softly, cooing empty words that she knew the answer to. When he didn't answer, she squeezed his thigh. "David?"

"No."
"Honest?"
"I'll only be honest if you will."

Taken aback by his sudden accusation, she removed her hand from his thigh, turning away again. She was trapped. She couldn't lie to him, he knew her too well. So they sat there for a long time, until finally, David stood up. But as he was about to leave, she grabbed his wrist violently.

"David, you know very well how I feel about you."

Tears threatened to spill from her eyes as she pulled him into an embrace, but all he could do was push her away, smiling.

"What are you saying, Gillian?"
"I'm saying I love you, idiot."

She smiled back at him and they kissed. But this time, it wasn't for the cameras, it was real.

"I love you too."