Glorfindiel {Legolas PoV}

I enter the hall of fire a few minutes late and drag myself through the throes of singing, dancing, merry-making elves, seeking Glorfindel and his companion. Had I not seen them arrive I would have been beside one of the crystalline pools by now, but I am too curious to retire now. "Prince Legolas, I had not thought you would come to the feast." Elrond remarks when I find him speaking to Líndir near the roaring fire. I smile, stiffly nodding to him.

"I was merely curious about one of the guests."

"Elaborate."

"I was hoping to meet Lord Glorfindel and the companion elleth whom he rode with. I saw them arrive just earlier."

"They have not come to the feast, but it is understandable, having ridden all the way from Mithlond." Elrond answers flatly.

"Mithlond? The grey havens?" I gulp. Mithlond is the elvish port which keeps ships to ferry the elves back to Valinor, and was once the capital of Ereinion Gil-Galad, the last high king of the Noldor in Middle-Earth. Cirdan has since been the master of it. It is normally used by the High Elves, but in recent years, even the Sindar and Silvan elves have been departed across the sea into the west. I thought Glorfindel would have long sailed west.

"Indeed. They just returned from a hundred years there. They usually have this cycle. One hundred years in Mithlond, then one hundred in Imladris, another hundred in Lothlorien, and even then they travel and hunt often."

"Who is Lord Glorfindel's companion?"

"Would it not be best if you met her yourself, Prince Legolas? She prefers face to face introductions." Líndir suggests with a slightly hesitant look in his eye. He most certainly knows her. Elrond smiles, barely shaking his head, and gestures out towards the crowd.

"Prince Legolas, enjoy yourself. There will be time enough to acquaint yourself with 'Lord Glorfindel's companion elleth'. A little bit of fun will do you good." A very small, timid smile pulls on my lips.

"I shall. Thank you, Lord Elrond."

"You are welcome, Prince Legolas." I nod and bow, but as I am turning to walk away I cast a glance back to them, "Oh, and please, call me Legolas."

"As you wish, my lord Legolas." Lindir answers. I make my way to the banquet table and eventually select a drumstick to gnaw on as I take a seat on the outskirts of the crowd. The music and singing soothes me, but my mind continues to wonder about the elleth, simply curious as to her identity and relation to Glorfindel. I am perfectly fine fading away now, or living for eternity alone. I've been proved that I cannot be deserving or capable of true love. Tauriel was the one whom I had favored and now... I cannot fathom a life with love and loyal, honest affections and trust.

Three days later

I inhale deeply, embracing the pure air of Imladris as I stand on my newly assigned chamber's balcony which overlooks Bruinen. For a moment I recall the homely scents of the Woodland Realm, though I thrust the memories out of my mind with ease. The past three days I have spent in my chambers, debating with myself on whether to fade away or live a cold and lonely eternity like my father. It was Elrond's words which influenced my decision to continue existing. He convinced me that fading away would destroy my father and the kingdom, and that it would yield little relief when I may still have a role in Middle-Earth. He was so flat and stern that I could not discern if he had looked into my future or not, perhaps he was only acting as the ennobled healer and wise-man he is.

"I do not regret eternity. Never shall I regret it. I will live on as an example of how love is not meant for everyone, especially for the Prince of Mirkwood, the son of the cold and isolated Elvenking who once ruled mightily over Greenwood." I declare with numbness and turn away from the Bruinen, walking slowly out of the chambers. Without a desired destination, I wander throughout Imladris with eyes peeled for Glorfindel's companion or Glorfindel himself. When I reach one of the smaller waterfalls which feeds into a deep, cold pool of remarkable blue, I catch a glimpse of glorious gold tresses.

There the mysterious elleth stands, her hands outstretched into the shimmering, sparkling veil of waters cascading down. Her feet bare, wearing a loose and light weight kirtle of lavender purple cotton with a scoop neck and long trumpet sleeves, the skirt full. I walk closer. Her long golden curls are streaked with frosty, snow white which accentuates her milky fair complexion that is so common among the Eldar. "Hello." I greet. She pulls away from the water fall and turns on her heel to face me. Her eyes are vibrant cyan green-blue like Glorfindel.

"Hello, Prince Legolas. What might you be doing so far from your chambers when you are still recovering from your injuries?" Her frankness takes me aback.

"Exploring, wandering." I step closer, bowing, "And who might you be? I have not yet had the honor of meeting you." She curtsies.

"I am Lady Glorfindiel Erthanist, eldest child and only daughter of Lord Glorfindel."

"You have quite a specific and powerful name, my lady."

"So they tell me quite often, your highness."

"I was curious as to your identity. I thought you might have been a cousin or such for I never knew Lord Glorfindel had children." She smiles.

"Perhaps because of my lack of height compared to my monumental father and guardian?"

"That certainly did contribute."

"Well, I had no choice in the matter, but I am happy with my stature." She approaches me, "My lord Legolas, you look as if you have exhausted yourself."

"I am perfectly well." She gives me a fixing glance and skims the surface of the water, kneeling beside the edge of the water. I watch her with curiosity. Erthanist... it is a most unique name, but becoming of the daughter of Glorfindel. "You seem engrossed with the water, Lady Erthanist."

"The waterfalls soothe me, Prince Legolas. The sound of the white water is invigorating, is it not?"

"I would suppose you are correct."

"Prince Legolas, I must take my leave. I am called on a hunt with my father and Lords Elladan and Elrohir."

"Do not let me delay your departure then, m'lady."

"Thank you, m'lord." She curtsies and hurries away. I take a seat on a carved bench and reflect on what just happened. She is very much like her father. Very much like. But the fact that she is Glorfindiel means that even if I would try, she is way out of my own league.

Still... it would not hurt to get to know her.

Thanks for all the votes and feedback, it's really encouraging! Thanks so much to Aidanturnerimagines, MrsLegolas16, Ellethwen2931 and HerImperialMajesty99!

-Uilosris