Luck {Erthanist PoV}

I decide against raising Legolas' suspicion and hide the intensifying pain, focusing on leading Asfaloth through the hoard of orcs. Behind me, Legolas makes quick use of the last of his arrows and begins to use his knives. I tug on the right and Asfaloth obeys, abruptly veering off our original course and to the right, into the trees. Legolas grunts in confusion and disapproval until he realizes that there are no more enemies around, then kisses my neck, "You are one of intelligence under pressure." 

"Thank you, meleth-nin." I reply. Legolas grabs the reins and corrects the route.

"I think it's time we return to Imladris. Glorfindel is stricken." 

"Indeed." I reply reluctantly. I know I worried him with leaving so rashly. I shouldn't have run away, but now I just have to go back and set things right again. Pain shoots through my hips and abdomen. I cry out a bit. 

"Whoa..," Legolas tsks and Asfaloth halts. I know why, "Are you alright, Erthanist?" 

"Well enough. It's nothing bad." 

"Are you certain?" 

"Yes." He shakes his head and gets down, gently lifting me up off of the gelding and setting me on the ground. I sigh and remove my hand, which I absentmindedly placed there, from my abdomen and frown at the blood on it. Legolas gives me a fixing look and I sigh, permitting him to examine me once more. He sits me down on a tree trunk and slips into warrior mode, inspecting the wounds without emotion. 

"We have to clean and rebind the injury. We should have more supplies in the saddlebag." I nod and he stands up, marching over to Asfaloth and retrieving what we need. As he's rummaging through the satchel I smile, admiring his bright hair glinting in the filtered rays of sun. I am so lucky to have him as my lover. 

Yes, it's short, I'm sorry! I'm going to be focusing on my two other stories for now and if you're interested, please check them out! I would love the support! Any ideas are welcome as well! Thanks for reading!

~Uilosris