Secrets {Legolas PoV}

"How did it go, my love?" Erthanist inquires, wrapping her arms around me and looking up into my eyes. I lean down and kiss her on her forehead, embracing her warmly. I sigh. 

"Better than I had expected, but my father is now curious and correctly suspects that I am in love, though I do not want to publicly reveal our courtship until the time is right," I lower my voice, "Particularly since Tauriel is here." 

"I know. Are you afraid to see her?" 

"No." She tsks and shakes her head.

"Legolas, you are. You shouldn't be. I saw her earlier and sensed that her spirit is as wounded as yours was," Erthanist cups my face in her hands, "Do you fear that I envy you or Tauriel, or both?" 

"Perhaps." 

"Legolas, I am telling you to speak with her. I won't be envious or upset, I promise." 

"What about Tauriel? How will she feel?" 

"I cannot speak for her. We must simply let nature take its course. She is very worried about you, Legolas. She feels very guilty. Speak to her, please, and do not make presumptions before this has passed." I pull her closer and run my hand through her silken hair, deciding to leave this topic. 

"Erthanist, does your father suspect anything?" 

"No, not quite, but since Elrond and Mithrandir are already onto us, I am sure he will be drawing conclusions soon. We have to announce our courtship soon, Legolas." 

"I agree, but not yet... I have to resolve things with my father and Tauriel and allow the excitement of my near fatal episode die down. Father is worked up about it, he barely allowed me to leave the healing chamber alone. He is curious as to why I tried to kill myself since I gave a vague answer. When he learns of why I thought I had to, he might come after you." 

"I would not worry. Let's be optimistic, alright?" We lean in and are about to kiss when the doors to the armory open. Erthanist pushes me behind an array of armor and survival gear with ease, grabbing a sword, as Elrond and Mithrandir enters. 

"What are you doing here, my lady?" Mithrandir questions. 

"Looking over the weapons, Mithrandir." 

"Were you?" Lord Elrond probes. Erthanist straightens, pulling off the act. 

"I was." 

"Fine, fine. Do remember, your father awaits you for a ride." 

"My reason for coming here, my lords." 

"Very well. Good evening, farewell." The two leave and once Erthanist is sure that it's safe, she pulls me back out.

"That was a very close call." I whisper, hugging her tightly. I can tell that her heart as well as mine is racing from the adrenaline rush. She nods and I bend down, kissing her gently on the lips. 

"Yes, yes. Too close. I have to go or we're doomed." 

"Maybe we should let them find out." I whine playfully, not releasing her from the embrace. She chuckles and ducks out of my arms. 

"It's too early. Now I have to join my father, Legolas." She brushes a kiss across my cheek and turns to leave, "I love you, Legolas, now go speak to Tauriel." With that she is gone. I groan and exit through the opposite doors, slowly roaming in search of my once best friend. 

Thanks for reading! 

~Uilosris