Misstep {Erthanist PoV}

Each second draws me deeper into the ever intensifying thunderstorm. I dare a glance upwards and examine the clouds, rueful gray, which churn above. I've not seen so severe a tempest since I was very young. Childhood memories blitz before my eyes, and I blink and shake my head in a mad attempt to clear them away, "Faster, Beldal!" The mare nickers willingly, pumping harder to fulfill my wish. We've ridden too many times to count through all manner of storms, both of us finding the power and raw energy too exciting to shrug off by holing up indoors. 

A flash of brilliant lightning illuminates the woods in which we ride, lighting it up as if Mithrandir had set off the entirety of his beloved fireworks. It is immediately followed by thunder so loud as to shake deep into my bones. Beldal whinnies nervously as a tree bursts into flame ahead, igniting others surrounding it. I bite my lip hard and let my companion take the reins, trusting her judgement and intelligence. Beldal speeds up and leaps over a singed net of roots, daintily twisting her way through the fire. It is not brutal enough to cause me to worry too much, as the flames are sputtering just trying to lick up fuel as it is pelted with cold, heavy, hard rain. As I trusted her to, Beldal successfully maneuvers us out of the struggling wildfire and I rub her warm, silken coat as a reward. She nickers happily in response and pride surges through us. I press down against Beldal as she hastens once more. 

Right into camp of orcs and goblins with wargs. Beldal screeches to a halt and my mind begins to function again. How far am I from Imladris? All patrols have been thorough of keeping our lands spic and span clean of these creatures. I lean forward to get a better view from the trees. Gauging its size and condition, I deduce that this is the surviving bit of the fort Legolas happened upon and was subsequently imprisoned within. I instinctively reach for my weapons but I only brought my knife belt, and two have been knocked loose during our flight from Imladris. My fists clench in frustration as I watch the camp. Thirty occupants not including wargs, and they are all worn to the bone and skinny with carcasses of others no more strewn about- victims of their comrades who were killed and eaten, fed to the wargs even. I shift on top of Beldal and she understands, slowly turning around so we may avoid them. I know I don't have a chance at taking action against them with the five blades I have left, "Softly, mellon-nin." I whisper directly into her perked up ears as we pick our way through the trees, circuiting the encampment. The storm conceals our sounds, but I know if we're not quick that we'll be sniffed out.

Once we've put some good distance between us and picked up speed, something careens into my shoulder. Hail. We've entered the most severe part of the storm now, I can taste it. 

Lightning begins to strike by the second, filling the area with ghastly white light. The hissing of burning, crackling trees and smell of fire and smoke mixed with burnt soil and rain envelops me. Thunder cracks and splits the air. Hail and rain create a veil, blocking clear vision. Beldal does well though, winding around and managing with my help. 

A flash of blinding color illuminates the world, and thunder roars so loud that I fear the earth might fracture and open up to swallow us. The ground tremors and Beldal missteps while trying to regain her balance. In this short moment I rub against a tree and catch on a limb. Panicked, Beldal rears and I'm thrown off, my hands not on the reins but where I was trapped by the branch. I soar through the air and collide with the earth, sinking into cold, sticky black mud where the wind leaves my body and blackness overtakes me. 

I'm back everyone! Hope you enjoyed! Please comment and vote below! Thanks for reading!

~Uilosris