If Souls Were Stars

If souls were stars, yours would be the brightest in the night sky.

As I sit alone  in my room, a single tear runs down my face as I think of you. You meant so much to me, yet you still left me. I'm never sure wether to be happy or sad that I can still see you. You're so close, yet so far away. I'm never sure if you chose to watch over me, as a reminder that you care...or if you wanted to make the rest of my days miserable.

You twinkle down on this gloomy night. A bittersweet reminder that you're gone. I want you here, right here. Ever since you left me, I've been so alone. I have my stars looking down upon me, but they can't bring me comfort. My only comfort was you, and now you're gone.

When you were with me, you never grew angry with me when I was upset. You would tell me, "Everything's okay." You would gently rub my back as I sobbed on your shoulder. Oh, the comfort you brought me. You didn't mind that I was introverted. You knew there was something more to me. You knew I didn't want to be alone, even when I screamed at people, pushing them away in anger. All I ever wanted was a friend, but I didn't know how to treat them. But when you came along, everything changed. You showed me how beautiful things in life could be. You should me the clear, night sky on a hot summer day.

Why did you leave me? Right when I thought I was strong again. Right when my wounded heart was healed, it shattered to bits.

If souls were stars...if souls were stars...I would still talk to you. If souls were stars, you would talk to me. If souls were stars, we could still be together. But instead, you've left me.

~ Petunia Paisley

NobodysHere12

Ayeeeee I can't write anything good. But, this is dedicated to you, bestie. :3