Betrayed

Betrayed 

Monday

I was cruising down the street to school on my new longboard. Of course, Jesse knew exactly how to ruin a perfect morning, my first morning with my new board.

"Hey, did you know there's a new kid?"

I really, really just wanted to rip my hair out! Jesse is soooo fucking stubborn!

I can't stand it! I'm going to go crazy and kill him, I thought as I sped up on my skateboard. Jesse was on the cross country team now. A little speed wasn't going to stop him.

Jesse jogged next to me. "You know, I can just start riding my bike."

"Will you just leave me alone?!" I screamed. He was driving me nuts. I wanted to explode-correction: I wanted him to explode. That

fucking bastard!

"Lemme think...no," he answered and smiled.

I ground my teeth. "Jes-"

"Do you know about the new kid?" Jesse cut me off.

"I find out what I want when I want," I snarled. Interpretation: I had no fucking clue who the new kid was.

"Ah, that's good then. Don't pick on her," Jesse said.

"You know her? Her? Why don't you go follow her?" I snapped.

Grr! What was I angry about that?! I hate you, Jesse. I really effin' hate you guts.

Jesse looked a little abashed. "Uh...I only heard about her from Will. We're both on the cross country team. He isn't-"

"Say it, I dare you," I growled, the sound coming from the back of my throat.

"I-It-He-Um..." Jesse searched for the right words. It wasn't the best possible choice, but it certainly wasn't the dumbest choice. "Don't shove me into the street...please?"

With a groan and eye roll, I made sure to go fast enough so this time he wouldn't be able to catch up.

~

I whistled as I rode into the school hallway.

"Move it, people," I muttered as a group of girls jumped out of the way with a series of loud shrieks.

"Rachel Fletcher!" I heard Mrs. Bullshit bellow.

"Oh, shit! Move! Move you morons! Move!" I yelled and raced down the hallway.

There were a lot more shrieks. And not all came from just the girls.

"Rachel! Stop right there! You're going to get detention!" she threatened, only making me go faster.

I was far in front of her, and closing in on Clavin's locker. Calvin stood there, obliviously getting his books for his first class.

I almost ran into the lanky freak. I jumped off and grabbed my board, lucky for him.

"Dude, hide this," I demanded and shoved my brand new board at him, which just showed how much I trusted him.

"What?"

"Hide. This. Break it-I'll rip your lungs out slowly and painfully!"

"Uh-huh, and where do you suppose I'll hide it?" Calvin inquired.

I glanced back at Mrs. Bullshit. She was closing in a lot faster than I thought she would. However, I had to admit I really loved high school hallway crowds at that moment.