Friends

Friends

Friday

The bell rang. But Mrs. Bullshit had one last announcement and that would be: "Remember, the play is next Tuesday!"

"Oh, shit," I grumbled.

~

"So, you are going to do the play?" Calvin asked.

"Is that the only thing you can think of right now?!" I fumed at him, smoke figuratively coming out of my ears.

Calvin shrugged. "I'm a techie...Weird."

I took a bit of my sandwich and asked with a mouth full, "Why?" Never expect manners from me...Possibly when I'm older, but not while I'm in high school.

"Since when are people like me even techies?" Calvin replied and I saw his point. "Even techies are pretty important! It's weird! Why would Mr. Wilcons give me-"

"You have Mr, Wilcons?!" I blurted out enviously.

"Um...yeah," Calvin murmured in surprise.

"You lucky bastard. Now I hate your guts even more," I muttered.

Calvin looked like he'd expected a different reply. He blinked and for what felt like a long time he stayed silent.

"Guess since you've been getting in more fights, people have started to notice you a little," I mumbled.

"Yeah, well, I don't want to be noticed-and I don't want friends that pretend like they actually give a crap when they don't. And I certainly don't want people wanting to know more about me," he grumbled and stood up. "I'll see you around." I finished off my sandwich as I leaned back against the lockers and watched he walk off.

~

It was towards the end of lunch when I heard one of the worst sounds of mankind. 

"Ra-shell!" Jesse called in a sing-song voice. 

Shoot me now. Dear God, there has to me something wrong with him. 

"Fuck off," I replied bluntly. 

"That's not cool," he said. 

Damn, he was stubborn. 

I shoved him as a warning. "Back off, Jesse. I don't want to talk to the likes of you-or any other idiot cross country boy!"

"Ouch," he winced. "You used to be so nice. What happened? Come on. Tell me-like old times." 

"Do you want to be flipped again?" I threatened and stopped in my tracks.

Jesse took a step back. "No." 

"Then. Leave. Me. Alone," I demanded firmly. 

"Oh, come on, why can't you tell me one simple little thing? I saved your from Will, and everyone even knows we used to date," he pointed out.